Southeast PA Jan 30 Pinball Gallery Winter Doldrums Get Together

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I was talking to Wataru330 concerning this, and I wanted to throw this out there to see if people are interested. I was at the Pinball Gallery in Malvern today and noticed they've expanded their video game offerings to include a big red (which they already had), and about four countertop mame emulator machines running Neo among others, besides their existing pinball and arcade games including Marvel Super Heroes and Outrun, as well as pins such as Game of Thrones and Kiss. They also have a CRT for console games and I've never done it, but I think you can "check out" games and play while you're there.

You can peruse the game list here which is not completely updated at the moment, as well as check out other info on their website, their games selection is constantly evolving as they sell some of their games that are active.

http://www.pinballgallery.net/game-list/

Malvern is about 10 minutes from King of Prussia to put it in perspective, or about a half an hour south of White Castle's I would say.

So, weather permitting, who would be up to going here on Saturday January 30th? There is a great all you can eat Japanese place in the area (not a buffet and not just sushi for those who are not fans, but you mark what you want and they bring it out fresh you do have to eat what you select or they charge you:smirk:) for $15 for lunch called Mino. Here is their menu here.

http://www.minosushi.com/foodmenu/buffet

My proposal is we meet here (Mino) around 12 for lunch and then we go to the Pinball Gallery around 3 (which is 3 minutes away) and we either buy 2 hours (at $8 per hour) or get the $20 all day (you can take a break and leave and come back even). We could even go and see that space movie in IMAX probably for the second or third time at least, or something else playing in KOP afterwards if we are interested.

If the time or the restaurant doesn't work, I was thinking we could hit up the Shake Shack for burgers and beer anytime, or something else in the KOP area (Tilted Kilt? )which again is like 10 minutes away traffic permitting.

So for about $36 dollars, you could have lunch with tip and two hours playing arcade and pinball games.

What does everyone think?

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I'm down, weather permitting.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
This is gonna happen. Timing is perfect. It will be great to blow off steam after the hectic holidays.

Possibly a mini meet after party@ my garage-if I have the Windy II back by then.

I'm thinking IGS themed arcade party...4p Oriental Legend, anyone?

I'm kind of new to the "posting" community, but I'd love to go meet some of you guys. I live near Allentown, not too far. But I work that night unfortunately.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
as always, these things fall on the weekends i work. have fun dudes.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
This is gonna happen. Timing is perfect. It will be great to blow off steam after the hectic holidays.

Possibly a mini meet after party@ my garage-if I have the Windy II back by then.

I'm thinking IGS themed arcade party...4p Oriental Legend, anyone?

Jim thanks for the offer, my place is a little too far from the Pinball Gallery for an after party so that is great that you are offering if you have your cab back. I don't have any experience with the PGM boards so I would personally love to check it out, sounds good to me!

Max and DLP, sorry guys as Wataru said, the timing is perfect. I have a few things to do the weekends before (full disclosure my birthday), the following week is Super Bowl weekend, and after that it is Valentine's day season, and I wouldn't want there to be any issues between neo-geo.com and the missuses.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
psh! who cares about foozball!
haha its cool. i am considering planning ahead this year to be at TMG for sure. its been too damn long.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
psh! who cares about foozball!
haha its cool. i am considering planning ahead this year to be at TMG for sure. its been too damn long.

I looked at my work schedule and 2016 is the first time I'll be able attend it in a long while as well.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Hope everyone had a great holiday and a Happy New Years! Just want to say this is still on, and anyone else is more than welcome to meet up! I know Stefan from the forums should be attending as well.

John

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Word, John. Let's skip the movie, and hit my place late afternoon? We could goof off for as long as the weather holds out (my cabs are in my garage), or Midnight-whichever comes first.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Word, John. Let's skip the movie, and hit my place late afternoon? We could goof off for as long as the weather holds out (my cabs are in my garage), or Midnight-whichever comes first.

Sure Jim, sounds good to me, thanks again for the offer. I'll hit you up for the Dolphin Blue if that works as well ;)

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
This looks pretty awesome, unfortunately I already have plans that day.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Booo, break em, this is more important.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It's taken 3 years for a meet involving my cabs to happen. It'll prolly be another 3 before I host again, lol. Don't miss it!!

gusmoney

10 Year Member
This meetup is the rarez.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Pffffft. Here's the rarez:

View attachment 31856

Jon

PS: Sadly, I won't be able to make it. Have fun...hopefully, I'll see most of you at TMG.

After I saw your gameboy pics, one of these days I want to go to Xenia to see your complete collection, I'd like to visit Columbus and maybe Cincy anyway.

Btw no baseball TMG weekend for once J. Max, it's been a long time since that has happened.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
After I saw your gameboy pics, one of these days I want to go to Xenia to see your complete collection, I'd like to visit Columbus and maybe Cincy anyway.

Btw no baseball TMG weekend for once J. Max, it's been a long time since that hasn't happened.

Let me know. Hopefully, I'll have everything at least cleaned up if you ever make it up here. It won't look like a TGI Fridays, though. :(

Jon

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Seriously, two games with an anthropomorphic potato?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
So, sushi, then pinball, then Jim's?

Correct, that's what I'm thinking 12 for lunch. The pinball place is like 2 min up the road, 2 hours of pinball and then Jim's place.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Correct, that's what I'm thinking 1:30 for lunch. The pinball place is like 2 min up the road, 2 hours of pinball and then Jim's place.

Lol, I'm hungry. I'll meet y'all at the Resturant when you get there. I'll be there closer to noon.

***SPACE IS LIMITED AT MY GARAGE***

Post in this thread if you plan on attending the IGS meet at my place.

I'd like to finalize a head count by the 22nd-1st confirmed, 1st admitted...so DON'T LAG! I've got off board friends fighting for a spot too.

I'll update this post as spots are filled.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Lol, I'm hungry. I'll meet y'all at the Resturant when you get there. I'll be there closer to noon.

***SPACE IS LIMITED AT MY GARAGE***

Post in this thread if you plan on attending the IGS meet at my place.

I'd like to finalize a head count by the 22nd-1st confirmed, 1st admitted...so DON'T LAG! I've got off board friends fighting for a spot too.

I'll update this post as spots are filled.

Should we move lunch time to noon?