Space Hulk

MattMan

Galford's Armourer
Anyone else play this game? I picked up the remake when it released that had the tweaked rules from first and third ed. The sculpts in the new release are fantastic, and the game is a lot of fun to play. I was curious if anyone else played and home brewed any missions yet because im certain that there will not be any expansions since it was limited run through G.W.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hi

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200899&highlight=space+hulk

I haven't played any homebrew stuff.

Shame we most likely wont see any expansions since GW appears to be anti-board game in the sense that they don't care to release board game anymore and instead simply allow their IPs to be licensed to companies like FFG who subsequently develop 40K/WFB related games.

I hope FFG does another 40K game after their upcoming Horus Heresy title. That one is neat...but it's just not doing it for me.

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
Really good re-make, preordered it even. But sadly haven't had the time to play it yet!

Also, I'm having a student of mine paint the minis for me :D -for a fair price, of course.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I used to enjoy it when it was first out but I'd have no-one to play it with nowadays :)

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Really good re-make, preordered it even. But sadly haven't had the time to play it yet!

Also, I'm having a student of mine paint the minis for me :D -for a fair price, of course.

Violating child labor laws rules.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
This should've been properly translated into Strategy/FPS territory. But with the players choice of not just Space Marines (and not some single chapter either) and Genestealers- but also Orks, Tyranids and Eldar. Made it encompass the original Space Hulk - all the way through to the arrival of the Tyranids and the revelation that the Genestealers were the vanguard of their invasion.

It is some of the richest, coolest bg fluff stuff ever. Hell, I'd be happy if they just remade the 3DO/PS/SAT "Space Hulk" game.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This should've been properly translated into Strategy/FPS territory. But with the players choice of not just Space Marines (and not some single chapter either) and Genestealers- but also Orks, Tyranids and Eldar. Made it encompass the original Space Hulk - all the way through to the arrival of the Tyranids and the revelation that the Genestealers were the vanguard of their invasion.

It is some of the richest, coolest bg fluff stuff ever. Hell, I'd be happy if they just remade the 3DO/PS/SAT "Space Hulk" game.

Hopefully with the success of the Dawn of War titles we'll see some more 40K video games soon. I know GW wants to sell the shit out of their miniatures, but I really think they have some great IPs that haven't received many good video game incarnations over the years.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I thought this was about the saturn game.
I bought a saturn and some games off a member and they threw that in.
I think as a joke.
a cruel cruel joke.

NebraskaDragon

GO BIG,
I thought this was about the saturn game.
I bought a saturn and some games off a member and they threw that in.
I think as a joke.
a cruel cruel joke.

You didn't buy your Saturn from me, did you? I sold a Saturn a few years ago and threw in Space Hulk as a joke. A cruel cruel joke.

But back on topic, yes my friends and I play the recently re-released Space Hulk board game from time to time. They say it is supposed to take 30 minutes to play. 30 minutes my foot.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
You didn't buy your Saturn from me, did you? I sold a Saturn a few years ago and threw in Space Hulk as a joke. A cruel cruel joke.

But back on topic, yes my friends and I play the recently re-released Space Hulk board game from time to time. They say it is supposed to take 30 minutes to play. 30 minutes my foot.

well, the jokes on you.
I play with space hulk more than sotn
and I made a hat out of the instruction manual that I wear EVERYWHERE.
(sorry, the game is pretty bad. but I loved everything else, still have the game though...)

MattMan

Galford's Armourer

Same here, a Space Hulk FPS done in current gen graphics would be pretty awesome. Hell even a fancy looking 2d one will still be very exciting.

well, the jokes on you.
I play with space hulk more than sotn
and I made a hat out of the instruction manual that I wear EVERYWHERE.
(sorry, the game is pretty bad. but I loved everything else, still have the game though...)

I assume your talking about the first Space Hulk game which is pretty brutal, the second one that came out Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels was really cool. Then again I am a sucker for Doom like graphics in FPS games. The good old days of Dook Nookem, Doom, Shadow Warrior, etc were fantastic!

Back to the remade board game though. I love it, I just cant find time to play it often as I would like which is disappointing. When I got people over there always too interested in playing on the consolized MVS instead of Space Hulk... Stupid Neo Geo... :rolleyes: