SSVS question..

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
Ok I just had a quick question, I haven't been on this site in awhile so I wanted to ask what the outcome was with the reprogrammed SSVS carts in terms of the "violent sprites data". Was the data erased from the reprogrammed carts or are the uncensored fatalities still accesible with the UNIBIOS??

One other question I had was, does the UNIBIOS allow you to do the generic "cut your opponent in half" fatality in the original Samurai Shodown 5 (not the SPECIAL edition)??

Thanks for any info. ( :

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
1- it's NOT possible to access the full fatalities in the re-programmed carts (the ones that were sent back to SNKP to be fixed).

the only way to get the real fatalities is by either:

A- getting the original unfixed SSVS home cart (I think few are still available at the Neo-Store) + Unibios V2 (older versions won't work)

B- getting the MVS cart. I think that won't work on a pantom-1, but I heard from few that their's worked fine with the Phantom-1 convertor

2- No, SSV doesn't have any fatalities at all. not even the generic ones.

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
k'_127 said:
2- No, SSV doesn't have any fatalities at all. not even the generic ones.

I thought the MVS version had generic ones which were censored in the home version. Strange..

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I asked Razool about this last time we met, and he said that still no-one has supplied him a dump of the 'fixed' roms.

Doesn't look good, but I discount nothing until Raz has seen the roms.

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
RockstarRunner said:
I asked Razool about this last time we met, and he said that still no-one has supplied him a dump of the 'fixed' roms.

Doesn't look good, but I discount nothing until Raz has seen the roms.

I guess people don't really care that much about it, as long as they can bypass the violence lockout with a regular cart.

Ebs

n00b
Have I got this straight or am I totally wrong?...

The SSVS AES carts were originally released in 'censored' form (ie. no fatalities) Razoola then got hold of a cart and made some updates to his unibios to enable fatalites. SNK Playmore requested all AES carts back for 'bug fixing'. They said there were sound bugs in the carts...Right so far?.

Then, when the carts were 'fixed' by playmore, the new carts had the sound bugs fixed and the fatalites were unlocked. Is that right? or were the fatalities still censored in the 'fixed' carts with no way to enable them?.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Ebs said:
Then, when the carts were 'fixed' by playmore, the new carts had the sound bugs fixed and the fatalites were unlocked. Is that right? or were the fatalities still censored in the 'fixed' carts with no way to enable them?.
SNKP didn't unlock fatalities in their "fixed" version... They actually locked them for good. All they did was fix the bugs they added along with the censorship in the intitial release, as well as putting in toned down versions of the Zetsumei Ougi, with no body part split and all.

neo>all

Super nO0b
Hmkay said:
SNKP didn't unlock fatalities in their "fixed" version... They actually locked them for good. All they did was fix the bugs they added along with the censorship in the intitial release, as well as putting in toned down versions of the Zetsumei Ougi, with no body part split and all.

:crying:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
UNFIXED: with unibios 2 --> you can unlock full fatalities + fix sound bugs (these are the ones that WERE NOT returned to SNKP)

FIXED: sound bugs fixed, initial fatalities were REPLACED BY toned-down fatalities (NO body splits). there is no way you can unlock the full fatalities back. not even with unibios 2

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
k'_127 said:
UNFIXED: with unibios 2 --> you can unlock full fatalities + fix sound bugs (these are the ones that WERE NOT returned to SNKP.

Actually, even with the Unibios Ver. 2.0, the 'Battle Over' fanfare is still kind of buggy with audible static popping sounds (as well as usually kicking in a second or two late), hopefully this will be addressed with Ver. 2.1, should Raz ever release it.

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
Hmkay said:

Isn't it pronounced 'Zetsumei-Shori'?

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
Shoe-A-Palooza said:
Actually, even with the Unibios Ver. 2.0, the 'Battle Over' fanfare is still kind of buggy with audible static popping sounds (as well as usually kicking in a second or two late), hopefully this will be addressed with Ver. 2.1, should Raz ever release it.

Really??? Anyone else have this observation/problem?

Bump I have a copy and a uni-bios 2.0 neobitz modded system on the way.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Samurai Shodown 5 Special / Revision 2

While on the subject here, can anyone with the second revision home cartridge of the game confirm that the game code number (272) is identical to the original revision? I am about 99.9% positive that they would be the same, but I would very much like to be 100% positive instead.

Lastly, whatever became of the alleged beta for Samurai Shodown 5 Special "Final Edition". Other then the initial pics and info which came through several months ago, did anything else ever come of it? Perhaps this game would have been (273).

Billy

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
So, the MVS version of SSVS has all fatalities included, or are there different MVS versions as well?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
the "SSVS final edition" was cancelled. SNKP even denied knowing anything about it.

and yes, the MVS version of SSVS has all the original fatalities (there is only one version).

@Athlon64:

I haven't tried the AES version with the unibios 2 yet (I have the game, but not the unibios 2), but I have tried the ROM and it works just fine when using the unibios 2. didn't notice any problem with the music.

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
ssvsmvs.jpg

:lol:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Well I have finally got a dump of the newer AES version but at this point I do not know if it is good or not. I will need this confirming before I go further (as it could be a hack, altered etc). I have posted a request for info here ; http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119712

Raz