ST-V Multi Game Cartridge

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I'm having the same problem as adderall, but no luck when i put pressure on the SH2.
any ideas?

Could still try resoldering or it could be a bad SH-2.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
that's a little out of my skill level, i think.
i'll probably just switch it out with a new one and toss the old one for a freebie

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'm really enjoying my Multicart and I built me a little controller for it with an Arduino UNO w/ an old LCD shield and a handful of resistors and NPN transistors. Instead of using the Modbios, I just bankswitched a 27c800 and let the Arduino handle switching the banks. That way I can set the default region for each game inside the Arduino code. It works very well and the only issue is the Ardunio needs to be powered on before the ST-V. Adding a small rechargeable battery to the Arduino takes care of that. Video is just a proof of concept and if I end up keeping it, I'll move it off the breadboard and on to something else.

Disregard the random youtube music choice, the original audio had my dogs barking and it was reverberating in the garage.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
ISO - someone to fix my mobo

OR

someone who has a working mobo for sale.

bartre, if I can find more than 1 I'll let you know...

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
Lovely stuff :)

I'm really enjoying my Multicart and I built me a little controller for it with an Arduino UNO w/ an old LCD shield and a handful of resistors and NPN transistors. Instead of using the Modbios, I just bankswitched a 27c800 and let the Arduino handle switching the banks. That way I can set the default region for each game inside the Arduino code. It works very well and the only issue is the Ardunio needs to be powered on before the ST-V. Adding a small rechargeable battery to the Arduino takes care of that. Video is just a proof of concept and if I end up keeping it, I'll move it off the breadboard and on to something else.

Disregard the random youtube music choice, the original audio had my dogs barking and it was reverberating in the garage.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
actually, shienryu doesn´t work on my cabinet either (gets stuck on "good morning") but works fine on my supergun. I suppose it must be a voltage problem with my cab psu. (I have ordered a jamma voltage meter from francob now to check)

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Oddly enough I'm having the same problem that Rancor mentioned on the AO thread. Only certain games (so far I've tried Soukyugurentai & Golden Axe: The Duel) won't play after restarting. I'm getting the red "Please Check Game Cart for Improper Installation" (I'm pretty sure...maybe "Error on Cartridge") I did run the self-check for the Mobo and it passed. I'm running at 5.0V. Any ideas as to the issue? Let me know if any more info is needed.

I tried a random selection and most games do work flawlessly.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Oddly enough I'm having the same problem that Rancor mentioned on the AO thread. Only certain games (so far I've tried Soukyugurentai & Golden Axe: The Duel) won't play after restarting. I'm getting the red "Please Check Game Cart for Improper Installation" (I'm pretty sure...maybe "Error on Cartridge") I did run the self-check for the Mobo and it passed. I'm running at 5.0V. Any ideas as to the issue? Let me know if any more info is needed.

If you are only 5.0v at the jamma edge, the chips are getting less than 5v. Try cleaning out your cart slot, and getting 5.1v at the edge connector.

Dion

They seem to be really touchy about voltage. Maybe try to up it to about 5.09v

Dion

If you are only 5.0v at the jamma edge, the chips are getting less than 5v. Try cleaning out your cart slot, and getting 5.1v at the edge connector.

The biggest problem with normal STV carts and this error is the SH2s or a dirty slot. The STV slots seem to collect dirt.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Okay I'll give that a shot. I was mistaken though I am running at 5.05v. Would certain games take more voltage? Because like I said-- it's only certain titles that won't boot.

I'm not very familiar with the Titan hardware, but I do have to say this cart is made very nicely and I back Mits and Darksoft 100%.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Okay I'll give that a shot. I was mistaken though I am running at 5.05v. Would certain games take more voltage? Because like I said-- it's only certain titles that won't boot.

I'm not very familiar with the Titan hardware, but I do have to say this cart is made very nicely and I back Mits and Darksoft 100%.

Some titles definitely require more voltage than others and you might get freezing or bad cart errors if there is insufficient voltage.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
picked up a new mobo. works fine!
selling my broken one for basically shipping.

I wish things didn't have to work out this way; I have to remember to be able to test something around the time of purchase.

Dion

picked up a new mobo. works fine!
selling my broken one for basically shipping.

I wish things didn't have to work out this way; I have to remember to be able to test something around the time of purchase.

If you want to send it to me I can try to fix it. If I can get it working I can pay it forward.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
If you want to send it to me I can try to fix it. If I can get it working I can pay it forward.

I have someone interested. If they don't take it, then I'll send it to you (no charge on shipping or anything).

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Those two new games that got converted... SuperMajor League and Dynamite Deka. They're in folders 60 and 61.

The initial game list stopped at game_52, though. Do any games correspond to folders 53-59?

Dion

Those two new games that got converted... SuperMajor League and Dynamite Deka. They're in folders 60 and 61.

The initial game list stopped at game_52, though. Do any games correspond to folders 53-59?

Not currently

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Lovely! never bought an STV board for obvious reasons... but it seems the time has come.
How much is the multicart ?

Dion

Got my multicart yesterday. Everything is working perfectly. Thanks so much guys!

Awesome. Glad you are happy.

Lovely! never bought an STV board for obvious reasons... but it seems the time has come.
How much is the multicart ?

Start at $230. We have just a few remaining. No plan to produce any more.