Stick swap on MVS candy

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Haven't been around in awhile, but I ran into an issue with my MVS candy cabinet. Finally got around to buying new sticks and buttons for it, I came to find that I have no idea how to get the sticks in there out of the panel. I see the studs holding it in, but no hex or screw head to speak of to remove the assembly. I've swapped out the sticks on other cabinets before, but I'm pretty confused here.

5233161516_28f1b51c1a.jpg

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Is that an MVU 4? You need to pull off the ball tops, then underneath the panel remove the six nuts/carriage bolts that hold in the control panel. Remove the control panel, you'll then notice there are actually 2 metal plates. The top with the buttons, and a plate the joysticks mount to. Remove the 4 countersunk screws that hold the joystick in place from the top down. I hope the replacements you ordered are ls32's. Because that's what you'll need.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Yeah, replacing them with the same model. Thanks for your help, two metal pieces crossed my mind, but I didn't want to mess with it if it wasn't the issue.