Street Fighter The Movie : Where is the Kick Harness connector??

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I don't see it anywhere on the board, and I can't even search for in an engine, as all I get are all the other games, not this one.

I see no Kick Harness connector, and nothing seems to be missing on the board.

It's a 2 level PCB, and there is no indication there would be a 3rd. For some reason, lights are installed in the PCB at various random locations, that start blinking when you turn it on.

The game works fine, except I only have Punch buttons.

Any help??

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Wow, thanks.

That's screwed up.

No way will I waste a lot of time to wire the whole thing up so I can play it for a while.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Is it as horrible as the home versions?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I haven't played the home versions.

I haven't even played with the game, the volume is turned to maximum, but I cannot locate the volume pot, so I can just watch the demo for a few seconds.

Looks like Mortal Kombat, similar GROAN sounds as well.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It is far superior to the home versions.... but that doesnt say much. Plays like ST, but with fucked up hit detection and crazy juggles. Personally, I love it. :) So bad its good. The digitized characters and animation and color is very impressive tho.

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
I don't think the question is, "where is the kick harness connector" but rather, "why am I trying to hook up Street Fighter The Movie"

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
The answer is, because I have the board, and I've beaten Street Fighter EX with all characters on 1 credit, and almost beaten Alpha 3 with all characters on 1 credit.

quoth09

War Room Troll
This game gets a lot of shit because the console ports sucked so bad, but in all honesty, they simply just made it play more like Turbo on the ports. Either way, I can't stand the ports; if I wanna play SF2 Turbo, I will play the original. The arcade version on the other hand, kicks ass.

As for the kick connector and all that, the 3 IT/Strata fighting games are the absolute worst when it came to the control layout; Time Killers, Blood Storm, and SF Movie. Very few games at the time (and even after) actually use all 5 buttons on the normal JAMMA+ layout, and SF Movie takes that format to a whole new level by just using a harness for 2 buttons (1 per player). It's worse than the Namco System 11/12 boards with their stupid extra harness, when JAMMA supports up to 5 buttons anyway. Absolutely no consistency at all. Even the employees at IT/Strata's tech line are puzzled about why those were designed that way. Sadly the company sold out to the mainstream leisure crowd that frequents truck stops and farts on bar stools by making nothing but golf titles now.

Last edited:

Strider77

Zero's Secretary
it also looks really stupid.... stupid looking things get shit on to much

Orochi P-E

n00b
find it interesting if someone wants to sell his pcb let me know haha
maybe i'll start a sf the movie collection ^^

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
This game gets a lot of shit because the console ports sucked so bad, but in all honesty, they simply just made it play more like Turbo on the ports. Either way, I can't stand the ports; if I wanna play SF2 Turbo, I will play the original. The arcade version on the other hand, kicks ass.

As for the kick connector and all that, the 3 IT/Strata fighting games are the absolute worst when it came to the control layout; Time Killers, Blood Storm, and SF Movie. Very few games at the time (and even after) actually use all 5 buttons on the normal JAMMA+ layout, and SF Movie takes that format to a whole new level by just using a harness for 2 buttons (1 per player). It's worse than the Namco System 11/12 boards with their stupid extra harness, when JAMMA supports up to 5 buttons anyway. Absolutely no consistency at all. Even the employees at IT/Strata's tech line are puzzled about why those were designed that way. Sadly the company sold out to the mainstream leisure crowd that frequents truck stops and farts on bar stools by making nothing but golf titles now.

Honestly though, Sega is the worse. Do they even have a JAMMA game? I was working on a Spiderman Sega game circa 1992, and christ, the board was huge, looked like a Daytona board or something. Sega and Namco, loved to make things difficult, and still do actually.

Nice NEDM cat btw.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
mkcomic58.gif

I don't remember where I saved this from. I wish the author would have put a url on it or something. I remember there being a few more that were kinda funny.