Streets of Rage: Remake!

Martinov

Geese's Thug
I thought I'd post this in the previous SOR appreciation thread, but then this wouldn't get the attention it deserved: Just found out about/downloading a freeware game based on SOR: Streets of Rage Remake. You can find it here:

http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_e.htm

It looks like you can play as Adam and Max again (they were my favourites anyway), there are multiple paths through the game, and a whole heap of other stuff. I wish I wasn't d/l via a stone-age dialup connection, I got another couple of hours before I can play this sucka! I just hope they have the policeman from the first game in a setpiece cameo!

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
This better be at least decent or there will be HELL TO PAY. I haven't touched a game yet in 2007 and in the "first game/last game" thread I said SOR2 will probably be the first game I play in 2007 because SOR2 is my love, fucking with that game is like fucking with my emotions.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Looks fuggin awesome....but can I play Roo?:eye:

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
This game is sweet!

I've only gotten to the bar and I already like it! I picked Adam cuz he hasn't seen any action for 2 damn games and (he's black like me). he's got this new shoulder rush type move, a hurricane kick and a quick galactica phantom-like punch! You can also run now! I'm lovin it.

Its like all the games combined in one plus a little more! What more could you ask for! This bomber guy who remade this game should be commended.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
OH SHIT you can ride motorcycles in this bitch!!! Not to mention on the motorcycle stage he remixed the music! Remember how Yuzo Koshiro used early 90's dance music, well Bomber mixed the original motorcyle stage music with a Prodigy track! You can hear the soundclip "I take your brain to another dimension" from Prodigy's song "Out of Space".

This fuckin man is my new hero. If ya'll ain't playing this game, you better dl it and play now. I'm having a fucking blast.

p.s. I'm such a dork. I'm gonna make a post for every stage I go to. Best New Year EVER.

Martinov

Geese's Thug
Still got 2 hours to wait for mine :lolz: ... I'll post all my opinions on this once I've given it a few hours play.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
OK this is confirmed as an awesome fucking game....but I gotta work....god dammit

Spin, when you find out, please let me know how you unlock Shiva and Victy. Thnx.

Adam was my first pick too lol.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Sp0o/\/?! said:
OK this is confirmed as an awesome fucking game....but I gotta work....god dammit

Spin, when you find out, please let me know how you unlock Shiva and Victy. Thnx.

Adam was my first pick too lol.

ok i'll try to unlock these mofos, if I don't starve to death first. I swear, when I dled this game it was like i was 10 years old all over again. I haven't eaten yet and my stomach hurts but i can't stop playing this fuckin game.

I think everybody's first pick will be Adam. I just died again and picked Axel but after Axel kicks the bucket its back to Adam again.

p.s. I just tried the old streets of rage 3 trick of letting roo live to be able to pick him later, I'll see if he's an unlockable as well.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
to say I was pleasently suprised is this decade's biggest understatement. just wow. fantastic. thanks.

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
It's great! Everything is cool about it.

But my AI partner got stuck in the vert. scrolling part :lolz:

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
Great game but I had to re-install my adsl modem after playing cause tinternet stopped working?!

Very strange but hopefully a bug that can be fixed easy, don't know if it has any bearing on it but I'm using a 360 controller.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Is it more like SOR2 or SOR3, as they both have different feels to them. I'm at work right no... only downloaded it, but didn't get time to play this morning.

I can't wait!

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
you have a list of options. You can have a sor 2 style combo or sor 3 style combo, and the same with the sound effects and such. the badguys come from both games as well.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I can also confirm that this game kicks much ass.:buttrock:

Don't have much time to play it now, but so far I'm REALLY impressed.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
you have a list of options. You can have a sor 2 style combo or sor 3 style combo, and the same with the sound effects and such. the badguys come from both games as well.

Awesome! It's all SOR2 mode for me, then!

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I'm very impressed with this.

It's better than having a Streets of Rage 4 IMO.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of this.

Hell who knows, maybe they could make a SoR4 if whoever did this has the ability to create backgrounds.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I saw this posted in Retro Gamer a few months back saying they weren't done with it yet, so I'm glad to see it's finished. I'm in the middle of downloading it now so hopefully it won't take long so I can try it out.

Martinov

Geese's Thug
Lol, looks like every member of NG.com and their mothers got a chance to play this while I was waiting for it to d/l. Anyway, now I've played it, and here's some initial thoughts:

* WOW!
* Reminds me more of SOR2, only with the running/sideroll of SOR3. No seperate special bars or anything to worry about.
* As well as choosing SOR2/SOR3 flurry attacks in the options, you can also choose between SOR2 jumps, where you can't change direction, and SOR3 jumps where you can. I really liked SOR1 jumps though, where you could jump left but turn to kick right. These aren't included, sadly.
* Whip ladies go down and pretend to be hurt, just like the olden days!
* Adam's redrawn sprite looks a bit odd, but that's hardly a big problem.
* Adam doesn't have his SOR1 jump kick or "click your heels" back attack, which is a shame.
* Hammers appear in the bar ... I was hoping to use them as a weapon, but they only give you points. Ah well, lol.
* Adam's special attacks seem weak. I assume this is the same for every chara ...
* Amusing ending to the motorbike stage!
* Max's slide doesn't cause hitstun anymore, it knocks straight down. I used to use that for setting up throws. Boo! His throws still do sick damage though!
* Axel gets slapped out of his f+special flurry easily now. It was overpowered before, anyhow.
* Playing through on normal, it seemed to give you extras lives far too easily. Gonna play it on higher difficulties, methinks.
* Still no proper team attacks!
* Excellent BGM remixes! They stay true to the spirit of Yuzo Koshiro's originals.
* Seems like you can edit the colour by pressing the special button when selecting your chara.
* Seems weird playing with the CPU on your side!

Okay, there were some complaints there, but they're only insignificant ones. This is a really great game, and you can see the people involved are genuine fans who didn't want to disrespect the originals. I'm gonna look out for more stuff by these people in the future. If you haven't already, download it now fools!

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
This game makes my dick get hard.

I wasn't sure if ya'll would like this as much as I did but i see ya'll can taste the sweetness of this game. I still can't get over the motorcycle stage. The fact that i'm a Prodigy fan makes it even crazier!

Had they made this game more than 2 players i would just die. it would then be 110% awesome.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
This game is awesome. Thanks for the link. Now if I can only play this properly with a gamepad (gave my psx to pc adapter away).

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I am really impressed it doesn't play like the common home made game, like those many mediocre beats of rage games out there, or some mugen dists.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Hahaha I'm once again reminded of what a bad lil motherfucker Skate is....but I still need to play those unlockables in the worst way *UGH!*

Does finishing it on easy allow you to unlock them? You fuckers let me know how it works out.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
wow. speechless....

SoR2 style 4 realz

worth the download...

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Sp0o/\/?! said:
Hahaha I'm once again reminded of what a bad lil motherfucker Skate is....but I still need to play those unlockables in the worst way *UGH!*

Does finishing it on easy allow you to unlock them? You fuckers let me know how it works out.

I got my ass whooped on Normal so i put it to easy but by that time I almost died of starvation so i couldn't finish it. I'll try it all over again tomorrow.