Super Neo 29 monitor: bended vertical lines

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
There is a small problem with my arcade monitor: at the sides of the screen the vertical lines bend a little towards the middle. I know this is a common problem with monitors but i was wondering if i could fix it without a cap kit since the monitor has all kinds of adjustment controlls for the monitor.

10r7mon.jpg

30v2k5h.jpg

Does anyone know what these controlls do?:

4qpmkn.jpg

Or is it just a voltage issue which i can adjust over here?:

13zo8lx.jpg

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
You need to find the "Pincushion" adjustment. Possibly one of those blue pots.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
You just need to adjust the pincushion pot. It should be somewhere on the chassis board, not the neck board which you have pictured. The neck board pots are usually just for your RGB adjustments.

EDIT: Beat me to it skate :)

Last edited:

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
Should be a pot with katakana characters that translates to "saido pin" I think it may be the only one that has katakana characters next to it.

Bill Kilgore

Thx for the reactions so far, if someone could identify how that pincushion adjustment looks like, it would be much apreciated.
I will take a look at the chassis board to look for some buttons or adjustments.

Edit: while having a closer look on the chasis board i discovered another one of those blue adjustments:

w6ywra.jpg

Are those the 'katakana characters' masamuneGTO was talking about?

Edit: while googling 'katakana characters' i found out that these are the ones masamuneGTO was talking about.
Even the translation seems to be spot on (Saito hin or something like that literally).
So this is the pot i should be adjusting then?
Just want to make sure i got the good one and not mess anything up.

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Nice detective work! I’d give it a shot, just very slowly while you are watching the monitor.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Yeah its saido, which means side since katakana is a phonetic language. Try sounding it out, it sounds like side.

Bill Kilgore

It was the correct adjustment!
Thank you all for helping me!
So proud to be a part of this great community.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
You can always mark pots too with a marker so you can remember where it was originally if you start messing with the adjustments.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
That crosshatch didn't even look that bad pre-adjustment. I've seen a lot worse.

Bill Kilgore

That crosshatch didn't even look that bad pre-adjustment. I've seen a lot worse.

I know, but i'm a perfectionist if it comes to stuff like that.
Now i got the image i want and know a bit more about these arcade machines which is always a big plus.

Asure

Captain Dick,
Protip: Remember to adjust the monitor _after_ it has warmed up for about 30-45 minutes. The geometry changes a small bit from cold->warm and you might end up with imperfect pic :)