super nova rgb scart

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
can u mod the wiring to get rgb ero scart. I asked mas and he said no, but then again he said i take everything they say over at mas with a grain of salt......PLZ HELP........NEONUT

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Of course you can. I don't know what type of RGB out connector the Nova has, but all you have to do is make a cable that plugs into this connector on one end and put a scart connector (wired accordingly) on the other end.

Wait...there could be a problem (with an easy solution though): should the RGB out connector have only 5 pins, then you couldn't run through it the +5v wire that has to go to pin 16 of the scart (necessary to display the RGB signal on the TV). If so, you'll have to replace the connector with a 6-pin one.

<small>[ March 17, 2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: MKL ]</small>

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
i have a 8 in 1 scart conn. But wheni hook up the wires it isnt right. And i dont want to take the conn completely apart , cause it isa 8 in 1 conn. I just went but the colors maybe im wrong. I just spliced red to red, blue to blue , and grn to grn, then white ti white and blk to blk, then the othrs were spkers. Is that wrong is there a pin out i can go bu that has the standard euro conn..........NEONUT

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
there are no standard wire colors, you have to go by the actual signal, not the color of the wire itself.