Super SNK MVS Converter from Neo Flash & Super Engine Flash

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
Wonder what's taking so long. Anyone risk preordering? I want to but I know nothing of the Neoflash rep, or if this will materialize.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Howdoin said:
little delay, Neo Flash now says 1 month before delivery of the test unit... sorry guys, I'll keep you updated.
Well, it's been over a month, what's the current update?

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
MVS_case.JPG

Atleast the case isn't that godawful color in the mockup.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
taitai said:
MVS_case.JPG

Atleast the case isn't that godawful color in the mockup.

The case looks exactly like what !Arcade! should have made for his converter.

Very cool.

(EDIT: I should have checked their home page before my initial post)

Last edited:

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Is it dead or something? Have you tried contacting them to figure out what's going on, Howdoin?

aria

Former Moderator
Howdoin said:
I should be getting a test unit in a few days, I'll post pictures and inof as soon as I get it.

What happened?

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
snk__MVS_console-AD-500.jpg

Looks pretty good, though I thought that the connector shell was going to be darker to match the typical black MVS cartridge shell.

Last edited:

TimeKillr

New Challenger
I actually can't wait for this.

Hopefully the compatibility will be as good as advertised..

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
Um...no. It's supposed to have better compatibility than the Phantom-1, but the price is supposed to be the same (Why did you think it'd be cheaper?).
Was under the impression it was supposed to be both. It was either on this forum, or in chat here (believe it was chat). Someone mentioned a new MVS converter at around the 100 dollar mark with better compatibility than the Phantom. Rumors I guess.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Sorry I was away for a few days.

I spoke to the guys at NeoFlash, they have promised me that test unit for 2 months now and I am still waiting. I still hope to be able to get one to try and be able to sell them afterwards.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Ok, so now they tell me 1 week before they ship me a test unit... could this be possible?

In case I do end up getting a test unit there is one little problem that you might be able to help with... I sold all my MVS to go AES :p
So if someone has, say 6 to 10 MVS (including recent ones like KOF03 or MS5) and want to drop by my place to test the unit with me please feel free.
I'll get the beer and Cheetos.
Bokmeow, LastBlade, Jaydub, Lustforlard, any of you guys up for it?

I was told they are canning this because of technical problems with compatibility with newer snk games, I hope this is not true.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
CruelSummer80's said:
I was told they are canning this because of technical problems with compatibility with newer snk games, I hope this is not true.
Where did you hear that, I hope you are wrong!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
CruelSummer80's said:

I think this is true since on their site they dont say that it is compatible with all games it says "Our MVS convertor support ALL original game carts directly,and sure, it support these too" which is basically saying they didnt throughly test each game to ENSURE compatibility, it sounds like they are hoping it does.

Howdoin, if you do get the test cart please test if KOF2003 works in 2 player mode with no errors.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Xian Xi said:
I think this is true since on their site they dont say that it is compatible with all games it says "Our MVS convertor support ALL original game carts directly,and sure, it support these too" which is basically saying they didnt throughly test each game to ENSURE compatibility, it sounds like they are hoping it does.

Howdoin, if you do get the test cart please test if KOF2003 works in 2 player mode with no errors.

As far as i know it has already been tested with KOF 2003 and MS 5 and works - hope to be able to prove it myself.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Howdoin said:
As far as i know it has already been tested with KOF 2003 and MS 5 and works - hope to be able to prove it myself.

KOF2003 was tested in 1 player mode they told me before but I always have problems with 2 player mode. I emailed them 5 days ago but still awaiting a reply back.