Supergun and XRGB mini help

slai50

New Challenger
so I have a supergun with a Neobitz encoder and just can't get in to work with my XRGB mini and Samsung LED TV. I get a message that says "no input". I have tried the same setup on 3 other LCDs and get the same message. I'm pretty sure everything is hooked up correctly. When I bypass the xrgb and just use component cables I am able to get a picture. would changing my supergun video encoder to a Jrok help? any other suggestions?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Why use a video encoder at all? Just bypass the video encoder and run raw rgb from your supergun to xrgb mini. The xrgb mini excels at scaling rgb sources, but in my experience isn't as good with other input methods.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I have to agree.

RGB would give you the very best results.

slai50

New Challenger
Why use a video encoder at all? Just bypass the video encoder and run raw rgb from your supergun to xrgb mini. The xrgb mini excels at scaling rgb sources, but in my experience isn't as good with other input methods.
my supergun outputs both RGB and component. I was using RGB scart cable with the xrgb mini when I was getting the "no input " message. I then tested with component cables without the xrgb mini and got a picture. But I want to use the xrgb mini so I can enable scanlines. any other suggestions?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Make sure you have the xrgb set to the rgb source mode, then try turning off auto sync and playing with the sync level to see if you can get a signal.

Edit: also, try it out on another TV if you have one available.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Another thing to keep in mind:

The RGB cable included with the XRGB Mini is JP21 wired rather than Euro Scart. Make sure your supergun rgb cable is either JP21 wired, or if it's Euro scart, replace the XRGB Mini cable with a Euro scart wired one.

Maybe you have already done this, just thought I would mention it.

slai50

New Challenger
Make sure you have the xrgb set to the rgb source mode, then try turning off auto sync and playing with the sync level to see if you can get a signal.

Edit: also, try it out on another TV if you have one available.

how do I adjust the sync level on the xrgb mini? all I see in the menu is sync off and sync auto

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Keep going down in that menu.. You will find sync level near the end. You need to set sync_mode to off and go play with sync_level.

Last edited: