Surprises You've Found in NGH Games You've Purchased?

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Anyone find any "surprises" in NGH games they've purchased these last few years? Here's a few of my favorites:

• Galaxy Fight - Got this for $150 last year in a blind purchase from Surugaya - was cheap because the box was listed as defective. I got it in - and it's in near mint condition except for the original owner (I suppose) stuck the sticker included with the CD OST on the inside of the vinyl case. Adds character. lol

• Samurai Shodown V Special (Unfixed) - Picked up last year for less than $1100 from Yahoo Auctions - I suspected it was incorrectly listed as "fixed" due to not having the little Neo-Geo sticker, so I took a chance. When I got it in not only was it unfixed and in mint condition, but also included two additional OEM cartridge shell stickers. (and yes, it's 100% authentic)

• Real Bout - Purchased a very cheap loose copy for less than $40 a few years back from Yahoo Auctions, but surprisingly came in a mint condition KOF 96 snaplock with perfect insert. Replaced the slightly worn insert in my KOF96, kept the nice snaplock for Real Bout and purchased an authentic insert and manual for less than $50 to make it complete. Same snaplock case variant as a fully complete Real Bout.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
My AoF homecart that I bought used came with a German manual which looks tidy and kinda official. I checked back with Maro Stuttgart and they said that some "Euro" versions had multi-language manuals and there also were German ones. However, I never got official confirmation for it, nor have I seen another Euro Neo homecart with a manual in an other language than English again.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
yxatUFD.jpg

Not an NGH game but one time I bought a Puzzle Booble MVS bootleg and found it had once been an Art of Fighting 3, most of its ROM chips still present. So, I just replaced the P1, V1, C1, C2, M1 and S1 rom chips and called it a repair.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
My most interesting one is randomly purchasing Nam 75 on ebay and it turning out to be in absolutely mint condition. Like it was take out of the case/shipment box, placed in some kind of protective case and never touched again. I never thought I'd see an old style vinyl game in such amazing condition this far out.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Had a baby cockroach crawl out of the Puzzle Bobble bootleg that was part of a lot I bought recently. Like, of course it was living in the Puzzle Bobble boot.

That was the only live bug in an MVS cart experience I can recall, but I find dead ones pretty often inside them. Small beetles and things. A dead spider on the underside of the Hyper 64 motherboard I just opened yesterday, in fact. That little guy travelled almost 5,000 miles and didn’t even get his passport stamped.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Not any "surprise" extra's but a few years ago I put in a bullshit sniper bid on YAJ for a minty CIB World Heroes 2 JET and ended up winning it for ~$15.

I've actually won a few auctions by placing low sniper bids.