SvC chaos!! Work you bast@rd

Stokers

Geese's Thug
Evening,

Some time ago i bought a copy of SvC off ebay from your friend and mine Hit-japan.

The game was advertised as brand new, when the game arrived it had the plastic seal around the case, but it didnt seem new to me - it wasnt in bad condition at all though so no worries there.

However when i put the game in, it doesnt work properly - the sprites, and backdrops have a strange interlacing effect on them. After posting here i was told to clean the cart, as new carts have a habbit of doing this.

Well clean i did, and the fucking thing still wont work, what makes it worse is that i contacted hit-japan about it the day i found out it didnt work. I know there must be some kind of language issue as no matter how hard i tried to explain it - he got the impression i was anoyed because all the charecters werent unlocked !!

I kept trying and now he just ignores my emails, :oh_no: Now i bought this game some time ago and it might be time to cut my losses. Before i do tho, does anyone have any final tips or idea on how i can get this thing to work ???

Any help would be great - thanks alot

Freelancer

Banned
What you describe sounds exactly like what happens whenever I get a new SNKP MVS release (SSV, KOF2k2, MS5) which usually clears up after a good cleaning and inserts into my MVS slot.

Since you've already cleaned the game, I'd suggest giving your system slots a good cleaning as well. Do any of your other games give you issues upon insertion? Try plugging the cart into your system several times before powering up.

ericb

NEST Puppet
Big Shady said:
This MVS or AES cart?

Knowing Hit-Japan, I'd say AES... I don't think they stock MVS.

As far as the language issue Stokers referred to... yeah, there is one. The guy tries to be really nice and he really tries hard (from my experience), but I'm just happy I've been lucky enough with the Saturn stuff that I've bought off him that just worked the way that it was supposed to. I tried to send him a thank-you letter when I got my Saturn from him a long time ago, and he thought I was asking for something for free, so he politely said no to my 'request'. Funny stuff (but frustrating as hell when it matters like this, I imagine).

Good luck, btw... sorry I can't help.

Crissaegrim

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I wouldn't get rid of it if I were you. I got SVC from here preordered and I had a hell of a time getting it to work at first. The cart bowed out on one side and I got scrambled graphics or a rom menu (modded system). I just kept trying and it works all the time now. The bow even went away. I'm sure it isn't working just because it is brand new. Try to not put the cart in all of the way or even try to put one side down slightly less than the other.

Is this the first cart you bought new? Do you have this issue with any other older carts?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
yeah, with some newer carts you need to wear the contacts a bit.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
I had a similar problem with my copy of Last Blade for AES I got off ebay, I think the previous owner hadn't played it in a while because the sound was randomly going up & down. Had to play it a couple of times to get it to work properly. Same thing happened with Fatal Fury AES & AOF AES but they are fine now. Just insert, play, take out of AES & insert a couple of times (careful of insertion marks :annoyed: although they don't bother me).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
take an ink eraser to the contacts on the carts...

That should wear off the excess coating.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
norton9478 said:
take an ink eraser to the contacts on the carts...

That should wear off the excess coating.
I haven't heard of the ink eraser method, but I might give some of mine a go with that.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
Stokers said:
Evening,

Some time ago i bought a copy of SvC off ebay from your friend and mine Hit-japan.

The game was advertised as brand new, when the game arrived it had the plastic seal around the case, but it didnt seem new to me - it wasnt in bad condition at all though so no worries there.

However when i put the game in, it doesnt work properly - the sprites, and backdrops have a strange interlacing effect on them. After posting here i was told to clean the cart, as new carts have a habbit of doing this.

Well clean i did, and the fucking thing still wont work, what makes it worse is that i contacted hit-japan about it the day i found out it didnt work. I know there must be some kind of language issue as no matter how hard i tried to explain it - he got the impression i was anoyed because all the charecters werent unlocked !!

I kept trying and now he just ignores my emails, :oh_no: Now i bought this game some time ago and it might be time to cut my losses. Before i do tho, does anyone have any final tips or idea on how i can get this thing to work ???

Any help would be great - thanks alot

Insert and re-insert the cart that's how I got my SVC to work. I purchased mine from the Neo-Store and after playing it everyday it works fine already.

I've owned 2 SVC Chaos AES carts... both of them had trouble working at first.

Cotton swab with 90% rubbing alcohol rubbed on the contacts and drying them with the dry side should clear it up. Repeat it as necessary. It should work fine after that.

If not, insert the cart all the way in the NEO, then pull it up about 1-2mm. It should definately work by then.

If it still doesn't work, fine a nail file with at least 400 grit and gently rub the gold contacts on the cart just a couple times. blow it off with air, repeat the alcohol wash above and it should absolutely work after this.

best of luck.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
To add to what I said, using a contact cleaner on your carts would allow them to slip in and out of the slots with ease preventing deep insertion marks.