SvC Terry Questions and Technique

Crissaegrim

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm really getting into using Terry, but the only guy I ever mastered in terms of combos and techniques was SFA 2 Akuma, so I am having a tough time doing some of the combos and 2 in 1s. I've been reading faqs and they say you can cancel the Round Wave into the Burn Knucle, Crack Shoot or Power Geyser.

This is kinda strange for someone used to SF since it is like canceling a special move into a special move. I am right in thinking this?

I have no idea how to do this. Should I be just trying to do one really quickly right after the first, or is there some other motions I should be doing, like hitting the button at a certain time?

Another issue I have is cancelling to standing C. I've read that this is a bread and butter type of thing in KOF. I can do this somewhat easily, but I seem to get two different effects. Sometimes he hits once and the move is interupted into whatever I do next (Round Wave for example) and I get a two hit combo. Other times Terry lands both hits of the standing C and immediately goes into the next move (Another C for example) and I get a three hit combo. Am I doing something wrong? Which one is the proper "Bread and Butter Combo"?

Finally, which is the move that turns the screen blue with the white sunburst? I can only do the Double Geyser and I'm nowhere near being able to do the Rising beat Finish. Is it one of those?

I usually use Terry in MOTW as well. Would you say the SVC Terry is based more on the KOF version or MOTW?

Thanks for any help and does anyone know of any other faqs or guides other than GameFaqs?

yashiroTCM

Hardened Shock Trooper
1.- Yes!. you can cancel Special Moves into Special Moves or Special Moves into Super Special Moves (Called Desperation Moves), Not all Characters can do this tho.

In order to "activate" cancelling mode, you see that gauge bar below the screen on your character's side yea?, well, after attacking or making special moves, it will gradually fill to it's max, then it will start flashing. This Flashing will only last for a few seconds, and its during these seconds that you can cancel moves, and YES you need to be quite fast to cancel, just keep practicing your speed and timming, soon you'll get used to the system, and belive me, cancelling is COOL :buttrock: you can get to perform really mercyless combos, (I personally created a 100% one with Terry :D )

2.- About the move with blue background, it's called "Exceed Move", as you probably know you can only perform it once per match, and until your second healt bar has been reached (Your char's name will start blinking) Terry's goes like this:

HCB, F + BC, then follow the secuence A,A,B,B,C,C,D,D, QCB + CD

Combo Tip: Do Terry's Exceed move until you reach the B,B point, then stop for a short moment then press C (Auto 2 hit) then any Super Move :D

Regardz

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
The most simple combo Terry has since they removed the f+A (Hammer Punch) is simply f+C > Power Wave / (A) Burn Knuckle / (B) Crack Shoot / Power Geyser / Buster Wolf.

However, he does have a few extra tricks up his sleeve if you like to play very offensively. My favorite is either jump-in D (either regular or trying to crossup -- it doesn't matter), df+B, df+C, Burn Knuckle / Buster Wolf. This messes with their defense because they have to immediately crouch after the overhead hit or they will be opened up for some hurting. It's best to use sparingly, so they don't get too used to it.

You can normally cancel the Round Wave into about almost anything you want, I believe. Remember that.

Also, the Buster Wolf (qcf,qcf+A/C) is your best friend. Fast, forward-lunging super that deals good damage and outprioritizes most things.