I'll wait for the XBOX verion.
Could some one inform me on this?

kc

Belnar Institute Student
SVC.png

The price difference is what matters

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
im actully in the same boat. I wanna buy this game but not sure if i should wait for XBOX version and spend $50. Or spend $300 on the AES version.

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
The price difference isn't the only thing to consider.. don't forget XBL:

Guilty Gear XX:Reloaded is going XBL in Japan soon, and CvS-2 is already on Live. Rumors of SvC on Live are going around.

The PS2 port of SvC Chaos is very straight... same bland menu w/ very few extras (Survival Mode, Gallery, and an Anti-Alias graphics feature). Who knows what MS has planned in the way of improvements.

edit::
Don't forget that SNK also edits US Ports of games.. KoF 2000/2001 on PS2 is supposed to remove Bounce and Guns

Last edited:

twodeepuzzler

Geese's Thug
For me, I will always stick to the carts. I just can't play on a ps or xbox controller the way I can on my mas stick with the aes. Hell, that's why I just bought kof 01 on aes. Yeah, it cost more, but playing on a stick will help you when you go to the arcade.

For my money, skip teh ports.

Although it is tempting, being on live and all...

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
XBOX if your on a budget
AES if you want arcade prefection.

Me I'm all about the arcade prefection :buttrock:

Atomiswave

Zero's Secretary
Big Shady said:
XBOX if your on a budget
AES if you want arcade prefection.

If you want arcade perfection, tried getting the jamma pcb and buying yourself a cabinet? thats arcaed perfection lol

yeah, id go for the aes though if you havent got jamma access. its the NEXT best thing ;)

kc

Belnar Institute Student
Atomiswave said:
If you want arcade perfection, tried getting the jamma pcb and buying yourself a cabinet? thats arcaed perfection

think a little

DXMachina

Ninja Combat Warrior
I really don't see what the big deal is about playing over live.

The best thing about playing fighting games is having your opponent right there next to you.

You could probably forget you're even playing with another person and not just a CPU if you play on Live.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Big Shady said:

The PS2 version has improvements over the original. It's safe to assume that the Xbox version will have the same, if not more.

SvC is pretty unimpressive anyway. Save your money. You could buy the Xbox version and a US Matrimelee for less. I hear it's a good fighter...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
DXMachina said:
You could probably forget you're even playing with another person and not just a CPU if you play on Live.

Uh... hello? You have a voice communicator on live, wherein you can talk as much shit as you want.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
SonGohan said:
Uh... hello? You have a voice communicator on live, wherein you can talk as much shit as you want.
I found most of the good players use a stick and most don't have a slot for the voice thingy, so i get my ass handed to me in silence .

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
DXMachina said:
I really don't see what the big deal is about playing over live.

The best thing about playing fighting games is having your opponent right there next to you.

It's also a good way for many people to get a real challenge.

Especially considering that people who actually LIKE this game are few and far between.

Also, I think the X-box version will be better. If I remember correctly the PS2 version fixed a lot of problems (mostly hit detection and infinities) in the game and I'm sure the X-box version will be very close the PS2 version. So if you want the "arcade perfect" one then you're going to get all the problems that go along with it.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
FatGuy said:
I found most of the good players use a stick and most don't have a slot for the voice thingy, so i get my ass handed to me in silence .

Haha

I'll play you some time and whisper sweet nothings into your ear :D

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
I don't even use the headset dizzle on live. On some games it'll come in through the tv, all i hear is idiots talking jibberish.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
I can't seem to make myself buy ports. I have it on the original system in all of it's glory. Ports just hold the inferrior status with me.