T-Shirt collecting.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Anyone else out there in to collecting T-Shirts? Personally, I never started out with the intent of collecting visually interesting and/or rare T-Shirts, I just started buying shirts I liked. Like anything I get in to, I quickly went from "just buying shirts" to seeking out rare and out of print designs.

I'm quickly running out space to store all these damn shirts now.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
In my heavy music days,
I bought cds or albums and got them signed.
I moved from that to buying t shirts mainly.
I have about 100 band shirts.
They too take up a lot of room.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Yup I collect shirts. It started out with band shirts, which I still collect, but now it's also shirts from "lowbrow" artists and companies like Tokidoki, Andrew Bell, Kidrobot, BAPE, and stuff like that.

Michael Yagami

I recommend Electric Zombie. He has some great designs in his line. A lot of which are infringing on some copyrights. I think it's only a matter of time until he gets shut down. So, I'd check out his stuff while you can.

Michael Yagami

Picked this up last week off Ebay. Fantastic band and fantastic art direction. I love the nod to Salem's Lot. Great colors too.
Ghost.jpg

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Got a X-Man Cyclops shirt uesterday, I'm off and on

Michael Yagami

Target had some pretty cool retro comic book cover T-Shirts the last time I was there.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I like shirts with hot women on them like for example the brand "T.I.T.S."(two in the shirt). For some odd reason a woman on a t-shirt is the coolest thing in the world to me.

JustTheTipTeeBlackbyTITSpic1.jpg

PinkCocaine4TeeBlackbyTITSpic1.1.jpg

Wifey4WhitebyTITSpic1.1.jpg

Michael Yagami

I saw those shirts on your FB page. I really like their designs. Problem is, I already have way too many shirts I can't wear in polite society.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I don't really collect shirts but I have a ton, just always been a t-shirt guy I guess.

I have a couple of the TITS shirts from a couple years ago. A handful of band shirts and a couple comic related shirts.

I really try to find ones with obscure TV or movie references. My favorites are a Packard Sawmill shirt for Twin Peaks, one with the station Letters from the cable channel in Videodrome. Shit like that, but really any cool looking shirt.

Fright-rags.com usually has some kick ass stuff available. Their selection changes pretty frequently though.

fake

15 Year Member
4951.jpg

Just got this today. Consolation prize for not being able to go see them in NYC.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm not a tshirt collector, but I buy almost all my tshirts from tshirthell.com

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I got a lot of movie T-shirts. Some of my favorites are my Phantasm, Re-animator and Taxi Driver t-shirts. Too lazy to look up the designs I have on said t-shirts.

----

PS: Totally for got about my EC comics Vault keeper t-shirt. Big horror comics nut. I probably wear this one the most.

vaultkeeper.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

HOW IN THE????? Oh man! I need that!
How? There's a store in my area called Gabriel Brothers (locally referred to as "Gabes" or "Le Gabriel's Boutique"). They buy overstock clothing and 2nds from manufacturers. You can find some pretty awesome, off the wall shit there. And for pretty damn cheap. For example: That VF shirt was $5.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I'm not a shirt collector however with that said, I have quite a number of game T-shirts from the 80's, mostly Atari and contest winners shirts from my days of going to trade shows, arcade open houses at the local distributor and as a competitive player back in the days of long ago.

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
anybody have any tips on mounting/framing t-shirts?

these are the kinds of shirts I have that I'd eventually want framed:

sonic-youth-red-nurse__68589_zoom.jpg

inaprop.jpg

xlr8r3.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

I also have a bunch of shirts by Usugrow

inkforlife1.jpg

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
love this one. probably going to order it now.

edit: only small?

WTF? Every time I go to the store and see the Wifey shirts they were only in small. I just kept thinking I was unlucky or something.

fake

15 Year Member
anybody have any tips on mounting/framing t-shirts?

I don't frame mine. If I really want to display them, I get a 3M wall hook, hang them, and make sure to dust them off with a Swiffer once in a while. I figure framing a shirt for a long period of time will ruin it.

No pics, but I have two of the three legendary Receiving End of Sirens shirts, bought at the respective shows. Breakup show shirt: I went to the last TREOS show and all I got was this lousy shirt". Reunion show: "This shirt is a ticket to the TREOS 2012 reunion show".

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Started "collecting" them unintentionally, the more obscure the reference the better...stuff like the Amiga Trashcan or Segata Sanshiro etc. I don't have a lot of plain shirts.
My favorite is probably my red No More Heroes Desperate Struggle one which someone made for me, I wear that one whenever possible.