Temperature controlled soldering station Hakko 936 / Weller Wes51?

Hungkuen

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi some of you helped me with some advice with my thread 'Basic mod equipment' I think. Although I wasn't too sure about my need for a good temperature controlled soldering station at first, I think I may have to bite the bullet and consider getting one with perhaps some other good extras equipment wise. I may have actually doubted some of you at first when I said I wasn't trying to but with this I know very little.

I think Hewitson suggested the Hakko 936 and shadows the Weller Wes51. I really genuinely appreciated the help and advice from you guys and also from everyone else on the thread.

I did do some research equipment wise as well like I said I would. In terms of these soldering stations I think the closest place for these types of things is USA I think. I'm in the Uk. There are some over here but I don't know how good they are.

I'd be starting with fairly basic mods and then building up. This equipment may appear to be overkill perhaps at first but it could serve me in the future if I get to more difficult mods and the equipment if hopefully better may make my learning less painful.

Thanks again and anything would be brilliant.