Ten Years And 1450 Posts Later... (A Retrospective Thread)

Man, I can't believe it's been one whole decade since I started posting here. Granted, I didn't join during the best of times (the original SNK closed up shop shortly after I had joined the forums and created my first posts). In fact, my first few posts were on various threads and contained my dislike of Hinako and Xiangfei being on the Female Fighters team in KOF 2001 (instead of, say, Kasumi and Chizuru). Eventually, I got a Neo-Geo for my 21st birthday (as well as a whole mess of MVS carts), and the rest, as they say, is history.

Among my list of accomplishments in my ten years on the Neo-Geo.com forums:
-Befriending 16-Bit and visiting his apartment on Christmas Day, 2001 (and talking for hours about anime, games and my trip to Las Vegas that ended one day earlier).
-Meeting evilwasabi (later wasabi or whatever name he goes by now) at Otakon 2002 and discovering 16-Bit's booth at the same con.
-Being the first person to discover and report that Shingo Yabuki (and later, King) was in the Dreamcast port of KOF 2002 (back in early 2003, this was considered something of a big deal).
-Earning the dubious honor of having posted the forum's one-millionth post.
-Meeting ilazul and checking out his massive arcade collection.
-Discovering that Ironclad/Brikinger was coming to the Wii's Virtual Console (which kick-started a bunch of folks dumping the ROM into MVS carts).
-Witnessing the epic battle between LoneSage and wasabi in Last Blade 2 (as well as LoneSage's meltdown).

I'm sure there are other odds and ends I forgot to mention, but nevertheless, it's been fun hanging out here and being able to post what's on my mind. I'd like to thank all the following people who have befriended me throughout the years (some of whom no longer grace these forums, but are still awesome):

-16-Bit
-evilwasabi
-Honeychan (The first female forum member from Las Vegas who also lead a double-life as a cosplayer.)
-Daisuke Jigen (I still miss you, man.)
-Big Bear
-rarehero
-Domino-Chan (neo-geo.com's Certified Gamer Chick and doujinshi fan)
-Dash no Chris (and his killer sideburns- thanks for showing up at Otakon 2003)
-ilazul (nice to know such an awesome guy lives not too far away)
-And, of course, any and all people I've bought, sold or traded stuff with on the forums.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few people here and there, so if I didn't mention you... it means I don't like you and have had you on my "Ignore" list for ages (I'm kidding, of course, but do feel free to chime in if you weren't mentioned).

I've experienced many things with SNK over the years (ranging from awe, to amazement, to shock, to disappointment, to apathy, to hope, back to disappointment and apathy, to joy, and so forth). Granted, things may be looking kinda grim for SNK Playmore (especially if KOF XIII fails to make any sort of impact, but especially if they give up and focus solely on pachislot games), but even if SNKP should one day pack in it and disappear, I'm still proud to have met a bunch of people here who share my interests. Thanks again, and I look forward to five more years of drama and fun.

aria

Former Moderator
It's amazing how much can happen in 10 years of being on a website. I need to get around to updating the "10 year" tags.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Awww Ben, man, it's been a long long time.

I remember going to that Otakon and loving the fact I could play random people in SSIV. Mind you I don't particularly like SSIV, but I do enjoy playing it as opposed to the Capcom fighters that were being played. I also remember that you were so kind and thoughtful in bringing me a doujin which I have. I need to invite people over to my place sometime. I just have a neo and 5 games, and one tv, so I guess it would be more of a hang out and play a few games, and watch a movie or some shit. There should be a metro station by me within the year.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Yea, it's something else really,
having been coming here for over ten years.
Talking with the same people who are excited by the same stuff.
The internet extended family here is good,
and I would trade'm for anyone else.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yea, it's something else really,
having been coming here for over ten years.
Talking with the same people who are excited by the same stuff.
The internet extended family here is good,
and I would trade'm for anyone else.

I agree. People in the real world aren't as interesting as all of you guys. No joke. People here are themselves. They don't care about showing their best face. No one is "cool" here (especially not me since I get to say some insane shit here). That's why it's great.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Right back at ya man!
I really enjoy your informative input.
Thank you for being apart of this community!
BB