The Cheapest SNK Boss!!!

lone_REBEL

Armored Scrum Object
Of ALL the SNK games that you have which is the cheapest (not the toughest necessarily) boss (or sub-boss) you've seen?
Some names can be Igniz (KOF 2K1), Black Dragon (ROTD), Rugal (KOF 94).
Either specify the boss or the game that contains the boss. The game may not be a fighting game it can be a game quite like MS.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Igniz is pretty cheap but so is Rugal.
I reckon every character in AOF2 is a cheap boss, god damn I still can't beat that game.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
lachlan said:
Igniz is pretty cheap but so is Rugal.
I reckon every character in AOF2 is a cheap boss, god damn I still can't beat that game.
Mate its funny that isnt it, when me and my mates play AOF2 against each other, a couple of us are unbeatable, and it seems a couple of my friends that the rest of us can easily beat can actually finish the game with too much hastle (one of them even gets to fight Geese Howard on most ocations) Yet i have only ever finished the game once. Glad i did it on my MVS cause it took alot of credits to beat some of them!!

Rugal is a VERY cheap boss in KOF 94..... :confused:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Magaki is pretty cheap.

If it's NG based only, then maybe Omega Rugal ( my choice is based on how cheap it can be used in human hands )

daybona

Juz,
Igniz and AOF are cake.

Johann from ROTD is impossible to beat unless you use a very specific pattern.

Very lame.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
lachlan said:

Someone seriously needs to do a how to win at AOF2 topic. The game's not that hard once you figure out what to do against the characters.

As for the original topic, pretty much every boss I faced was a cheapass aside from Zero and Orochi.

daybona

Juz,
YeldellGW said:
Someone seriously needs to do a how to win at AOF2 topic. The game's not that hard once you figure out what to do against the characters.

As for the original topic, pretty much every boss I faced was a cheapass aside from Zero and Orochi.

Takumaji already did one.

Use search to find it.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Orochi_invisibleink said:
Only when he goes into "cheap-ass mode" and just does psycho crushers over and over, and can inhumanly pull out of them mid-spin to dodge fireballs. But then again, you've gotta get past "don't jump at me or I'll Tiger Uppercut your ass" Fagat. :lol:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Johan I can beat with a few characters. I can get to and beat Geese in AOF2 with all characters (although some are much easier than others for me), and even if all else fails, many of the KOFs have continue service so you can at least cheat.

But I have never -- not once -- beaten the final battle against Shin ShishiOh in Savage Reign.

I'm no fighting game prodigy, but I have managed to figure out how to beat him and Jyazuu in Kizuna (finally). But in Savage Reign...? No. I've been about ready to try suplexing the cab on a couple occasions. Fun game otherwise, though.

Izlude

n00b
I would say Grant in Garou:MOTW. He was a total bastard, especially with those annoying corner juggles of his.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Izlude said:
I would say Grant in Garou:MOTW. He was a total bastard, especially with those annoying corner juggles of his.

You really think Grant's cheap?

Izlude

n00b
Yeah I'd say he's quite worthy of the SNK Boss Syndrome. All of his moves have insane priority, the majority of them also have fairly good recovery time too. But that that df+C juggle he can do in the corner just takes the cake right there. I've played againest Grant players that can easily do a 100% combo in the corner (f,b,f+C, df+C, df+C, df+C, df+C, QCFx2+C), with no way of defending againest it the second your launched into the air. Although I think it's only possible doing 100% with a x1.75 T.O.P gauge, it's still pretty nasty.

I gotta work on learning to JD better to take out that beast, he was pretty hard compared to Kain, all he did (and most Kain players I've played) was just spam and mix up his fireballs.

Last edited:

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
Eh, I find Rugal in KOF 95 to be one cheap bastard. I barely beat him once when he tried to DM me and I luckilly hit him with a Kyo projectile.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Every last character in Samsho III! I swear that game is about to give me an aneurism.

That rant aside. I'd say the final boss in Sengoku 3 is cheap beyond words, and Mizuchi is a bastard, especially when your controls get inverted.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I kicked Igniz's ass! in King of Fighters 2001. Rugal is a cheap bastard! in 2002. :angry:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
in human hands? igniz, krizalid, omega rugal, chonrei, kouryu? (LB2 boss). also lets not foget magaki and some other kof bosses.