The Gladiator (The Road of Sword)

iamrandyray

Armored Scrum Object
anyone have this game: The Gladiator (The Road of Sword) on pgm
can you people tell me what you think of it?
thanks

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
iamrandyray said:
anyone have this game: The Gladiator (The Road of Sword) on pgm
can you people tell me what you think of it?
thanks
Official site
I don't know how many folks here have a PGM motherboard (International Games System CO., LTD's ripoff of the MVS motherboard) besides me, but I do plan on purchasing The Gladiator eventually, along with the Knights of Valour series. Haven't had a chance to see The Gladiator yet, other than on the aforelinked website.

--Chris

iamrandyray

Armored Scrum Object
or does anyone have the pgm board
and know which games are good
i have demon front already

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
iamrandyray said:
or does anyone have the pgm board
and know which games are good
i have demon front already
I've got the Japanese edition of Xing-Yi Quan (known in Japan as Shin'iken, and in the U.S. as Martial Masters) for it. I'm enjoying it (as I'm a fan of any 2D fighter), but a couple of the other local NEO fans don't have very high opinion of it. I'm hoping that I might be able to arrange things with Dinodoedoe to have it hooked up in one of his cabinets the next time he hosts a get-together -- maybe he and Decepticreep can find something to like about it if it's on free-play.:p

I've seen Knights of Valour but haven't had a chance to play it yet. From what I saw, and from what I read on the series at gamefaqs and at igs.com.tw, I know it'll be money well spent when I get around to picking it up (I'm also a sucker for any side-scrolling beat'em-up).

--Chris

Robert

20 Year Member
Arcadia has made a guide for this game and it seems that it's deep and difficult. it has many combos and tag combos. A really good beat em all.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Robert said:
Arcadia has made a guide for this game and it seems that it's deep and difficult. it has many combos and tag combos. A really good beat em all.
Hey, Robert -- are you talking about a mook for Xing-Yi Quan / Shin'iken / Martial Masters? and are you saying it was produced by the publishers of Japanese video game magazine Arcadia?

If so, please make with the linkage -- I've gotta get a Japanese guide for this game! Thanks in advance!

--Chris

PLECO

I am an old, old man. ,
For PGM I would recommend

Demon Front
BeeStorm
Dragon World 3
Dragon World 2001
The Gladiator
KoV Superheros
KoV 2 Nine Dragons
Martial Masters
Oriental Legends Special
Puzzle Star
Puzzli 2

There is one more I want to eventually pick up
Killing Blade(another fighter)

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
PLECO said:
There is one more I want to eventually pick up
Killing Blade(another fighter)
Killing Blade -- that's the game I was trying to remember. when i bought my PGM motherboard w/Martial Masters in a PCB shop in Akihabara last year, they had a poster hanging at the shop's entrance advertising another soon-to-be-released IGS fighting game. couldn't remember the title later on, tho (thanks!).

so, have you had a chance to play Killing Blade yet? if so, what were your impressions? what aspects of the game might be similar to other, more familiar fighters?

title.gif

i couldn't find Killing Blade on either IGS' English or Japanese sites (just the 2 Chinese sites). does anyone know the Japanese title for this game? assuming the kanji aren't altered for the Japanese edition, it looks like the Japanese pronunciation would be "Gouken Kyoutou" ["Proud Sword, Mad Blade" or, perhaps "Sword of Pride, Blade of Madness"].

--Chris

iamrandyray

Armored Scrum Object
anyone know where i can get some videos of Martial Master?
or any other pgm game
thanks

Sklabah

Another Striker
Will the PGM work with a Super Gun like the MVS boards? I'm quite interested in Demon Front, and those other games look interesting.

iamrandyray

Armored Scrum Object
it should work with superguns fine
it has the same button system as mvs, 4 button