The Kyokugenryu pic in DC's MOTW!!!!

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Fuckin sweeeeeet! Just unlocked it last night and I must say it's THE best piece of game related art I've ever seen!! Anyone agree with me? Does anyone know who the artist was?

I mean let's just breakdown the poster shall we:
1. You got the main man, Takuma (r.i.p.) in the bottom of the poster with the coolest expression.
2. Got these bad ass black belt disciples ready to beat down on anyone dissing Kyokugenryu.
3. Yuri all the way on the top looking as sexy (and more aggressive) as ever.
4. Ryo, the current sensei, in peak form sportin a white do!
5. Robert (probably second in command), as menacing as ever, and still showin his latino roots (hehe, gold necklace and all)
6. The bad mofo known as Khusnood, to Robert's left, continuing the Kyokugenryu tradition.

If Khushnood kicked so much ass in MotW, it's scary how much more insane Ryo's skills might be!!

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It truly is. I wish I had it on my PC. Id die.

Anyone?

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
You'll never guess what? When you complete kof ex2 on gba with aof team that same picture appears before the credits as the ending! Although I could be wrong, i'm just going by your description, but it sounds identical!

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
GENOCIDE CUTTER '94:
You'll never guess what? When you complete kof ex2 on gba with aof team that same picture appears before the credits as the ending! Although I could be wrong, i'm just going by your description, but it sounds identical!
I'll have to check. Wouldn't suprise me though, EX2 rocks the house.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
That's right. I still have to import the european version of KOF EX2, no thanks to the brainiac that cancelled the US release.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that pic a spin off the Enter The Dragon cover?

Rade K

20 Year Member
Yung Burnout:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that pic a spin off the Enter The Dragon cover?
It's very similar. So maybe.

Still an awesome pic. I'd love to have it as a poster.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
K,

And this poster is the only time I actually like Yuri.....must be the way her hair is down.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Did somebody say they want an 1024x768 backdrop of this pic? Well, it isn't the best quality, but it's the best I can do with my capture setup. Fortunately the good art program I used, helped smooth out the rough edges of the capture.

<a href="http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~mbrome1/Kyokugen.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~mbrome1/Kyokugen.jpg</a>

There you go. Hope this will do.

Sancho

Cheng's Errand Boy
can someone post this, i for one have never clue what you guys are referring to

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
dammit i suck too much at motw to get any of those pictures, i ca't beat survival mode, every time i get close my time runs out kushnood is my best guy, and i can kill enemies left and right, but the damn timer gets me all the time.

Rade K

20 Year Member
Igniz:
That pic is awesome. They look kinda like the Mafia.
If mafia wasnt so popular right now, would you have made the comparrison? No.

I'm getting sick of all the morons who romantisize the mafia and think its cool.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan:
dammit i suck too much at motw to get any of those pictures, i ca't beat survival mode, every time i get close my time runs out kushnood is my best guy, and i can kill enemies left and right, but the damn timer gets me all the time.
Just keep at it, first couple of times I'd give it a go I got my ass handed to me. Last time I played I got them all except the last one, damn you Kain :mad: angry

<small>[ August 13, 2003, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Yung Burnout ]</small>

Rade K

20 Year Member
Thanks for the pic, btw. Ive made it look a little nicer around the edges and whatnot-smoothed somethings out. Looks really nice as a wallpaper now.

Again, thanks a shit-load.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Actually, Butt is the guy I was able to take the game down with. He's my best guy, but Kyokugen is my specialty. Takuma usually is by far, my best performance as he seems to be devastating no matter what game he lands in. I also have no idea why I can't seem to NOT make Takuma my best character.

Anyway, keep at it, and keep working on his combos. He's just nasty this way. Also take advantage of Butt's secret ability to do a quick step by pressing D immediately followed by C. I usually follow it up with a Koho. But the fake kick advance step (which it performs) tends to trick the computer into falling for the Koho.

Here's my patented Kyokugen DEATH Butt jump-in T.O.P. combo. Takes some practice, but boy did I work hard at it.

Jump in late D, close C (1-hit), Dragon punch (Koho, WEAK VERSION ONLY), immediately cancelled with A+B together, immediately use T.O.P. attack (if done fast enough and using the weak Dragon punch, the final uppercut should miss (it needs to miss)). Follow immediately with the qcf,qcf+D. This does anywhere from 105-110 points of damage and is a 20 hit combo of death. If they haven't died to this, then 1 more wee hit should take em out.

And, you're welcome, Rade. Wasn't too much of a problem, anyway. Kind of reminded me that I wanted a backdrop of the Kyokugen pic, in the first place.

<small>[ August 13, 2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Kirk Foiden ]</small>

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Hey peeps...it's good to see that so many of you share the same feelings about this awesome pic. I was away from the computer so I wasn't able to comment earlier.

Yeah, I have to reiterate that that's the best fucking game related art I've had the pleasure of seeing. Thanks Kirk for putting up the linky so that it can be seen by all buttrock

I don't care what anybody says, but Khushnood butt owns. SNK (as usual) out did themselves by creating this character and have him fit so well in the Kyokugen universe, albeit overly powerful hehe. Everything about this guy is cool, and his animations are just amazing.

<bracing myself for possible onslaught> SNK finally made a 'true' shoto character to rival Capcom's shotos!! I mean Ryo and Robert are cool and everything but it is no wonder why Capcom came out with Dan :p Takuma is definetely a shotokan bad ass, but I don't consider him a shoto character in the gaming sense - he doesn't even have a koho.

Kim, like Kirk said, just keep at the survival thing. It's easier than you think - it's only 10 straight wins I think that unlocks the pics.

Yung, < in Morpheus tone > I know exactly what you mean! Yuri's a hottie in the pic, and yes it is the hair. glee

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Sorry to bump an old thread. But does anyone still have this picture available anywhere? We fellas in #SNK need it to kinda' settle an arguement.

--KagerouSama

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I wanna see too!

Eric

Fight On!,
Low quality version...

Kyokugen.jpg

Enjoy :)

Kiel