The Man Who May Have Defeated Ticketmaster

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
...and it's not Eddie Vedder.

6rk0oy.jpg

Earlier this week, Louis C.K. announced his upcoming tour as well as the fact that he would be selling the tickets exclusively from his website.

http://buy.louisck.net/news/im-going-on-the-road

Every ticket, regardless of seating or venue, would be priced at $45 and any reselling or marking-up of the price could result in a ticket being revoked.

While this does seem like quite the task to do, the results so far have been quite promising: over 100,000 tickets have been sold and with many shows sold out, he plans to add more shows.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/28/louis-ck-ticketmaster_n_1634343.html

I gotta say I was stoked when Pearljam first tried to do this and disappointed that it kinda fizzled out, but if (and granted that's still a big if) ol' Louis has found a way to make it work then it could mean great news for all of us regular folks who like seeing live shows but can't exactly spring for the ass-rapingly high prices that decent seats demand.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
...and it's not Eddie Vedder.

6rk0oy.jpg

Earlier this week, Louis C.K. announced his upcoming tour as well as the fact that he would be selling the tickets exclusively from his website.

http://buy.louisck.net/news/im-going-on-the-road

Every ticket, regardless of seating or venue, would be priced at $45 and any reselling or marking-up of the price could result in a ticket being revoked.

While this does seem like quite the task to do, the results so far have been quite promising: over 100,000 tickets have been sold and with many shows sold out, he plans to add more shows.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/28/louis-ck-ticketmaster_n_1634343.html

I gotta say I was stoked when Pearljam first tried to do this and disappointed that it kinda fizzled out, but if (and granted that's still a big if) ol' Louis has found a way to make it work then it could mean great news for all of us regular folks who like seeing live shows but can't exactly spring for the ass-rapingly high prices that decent seats demand.

Louie is a genius... standup, tv show, business.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I remember him talking about doing this on Opie and Anthony. Glad he's going through with it. Him releasing his Beacon Theater show on his site and it doing extremely well was a big reason for trying this. It was amazing hearing him tear into Ticketmaster and Stub Hub.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Awesome news, the start of season 3 for his show is off to a great start

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
That is great. The problem is some venues are controlled/and or rent the ticket machines/registers from Ticketmaster. So that leaves a lot of venues out.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
What payment service does he use? Cause I know that there are evangelists against Paypal for example that would love it if the ole CK showed them the door as well in the sale of his tickets.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
What payment service does he use? Cause I know that there are evangelists against Paypal for example that would love it if the ole CK showed them the door as well in the sale of his tickets.

According to his site, for tickets to shows, he uses eTix which accepts credit and debit cards.

I may try to see him in Baltimore in December.

Tyshalle

n00b
Props to him. Although I am bummed I missed out on tickets. I saw them the first night but I was waiting to see if other people were going to go as well and ended up missing out. I did not think they would sell out as fast as they did but I guess media outlets picked up the story about tickets being on sale. Still though good for him! I'll have to be quicker next time.