The official "something neat I bought that doesn't deserve it's own thread" thread.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The official "something neat I bought that doesn't deserve it's own thread" thread.

Just like the title says. Post up random shit you've bought lately. Comics? GBA game? CD/LP? Let's have a fun thread.

Earlier this week I snagged a Martin acoustic in a trade:

x5urps1.jpg

Also pre-ordered the new Soilwork LP, and had them sign it about a week ago:

YCpQsps.jpg

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I bought a hardback copy of "The Hot Zone: A Terrifying True Story" by Richard Preston even though I already own it on my Kindle.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I picked up two volumes of the Phoenix Wright manga that was released a few years ago. Kind of silly for my tastes, but I didn't pay full price. All in all, a good purchase.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Some random crap I've bought this week.

yF3LHpE.jpg

- The Dark Knight Trilogy for $25 :buttrock:
- Dishonored on the cheap too, way better than I though, awesome game :multi_co:
- Ni No Kuni which was on sale as well, Ghibli ftw I guess, we'll see when I try it out.
- Iam Arts Martiens CD, best $15 I've spend in a long time :buttrock:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i picked up an ibanez 'play along' casette player at a thrift store.

it was $1. i couldnt help myself.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Today's purchases:

Target - I bought a 110 quart sterilite storage container for the baby chickens that I'm raising to live in. I also bought some TP, a pair of shorts, and on the way out, a fountain drink at the snack bar.

Hardware store - 6 tomato cages.

Grocery store #1 - This is the white people grocery store. Got butter, Jell-O, eggs, and refilled my water jugs.

Grocery store #2 - Mexican super market. Some already-cooked carne asada meat cut up for tacos. 2 avocados, cilantro, a white onion, 5 limes, and a can of pickled jalapeños.

Well that's some random shit that definitely didn't deserve its own thread, so there you go.

Last edited:

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
A 2nd and Charles opened up in my town. It's completely taken the fun and surprise of finding good vinyl at thrift stores (which 99% of my collection is made of). Since opening I've been able to find:

- A used copy of New Boots and Panties!!

- Used copy of June 1, 1974

- New 180g copies of the Velvet Underground's second and third albums

- New copy of SimCity Societies (it was $5)

How dare they (successfully) try to sell my lifestyle to me??

EDIT: Oh, and cat stuff. We got a kitten.

Pope Sazae

Just got back from the store. Had to get more soy milk and some more veggies for tomorrow.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
I found and bought a limited pickachu 3ds xl at a hastings today. Reselling on ebay.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Bought a box of Mr. Brown Blue Mountain Blend Iced Coffee. Probably gonna last for a week and a half.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Got this the other day. Probably will get a game this week.

j5ghm53.jpg

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
You guys spend a lot of money on stupid shit...

Yesterday, bought some coats and some milk. An H&M opened nearby, so I bought some clothes last week... Other than this stuff, I can't really remember my last purchase that wasn't groceries...

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member

Yesterday, bought some coats and some milk. An H&M opened nearby, so I bought some clothes last week... Other than this stuff, I can't really remember my last purchase that wasn't groceries...
You comment that people buy stupid shit, then go on about shopping at H&M?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
You comment that people buy stupid shit, then go on about shopping at H&M?

I've never bought anything there, my wife likes it, but they aren't that pricy, certainly not to the likes of American Eagle or Abercrombie, etc.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Did you buy Bobak's old M? ;)

I need a new car, I don't know how serious me saying that I've seriously considered means, but I have seriously been looking at the Nissan Leaf. Not as a fun car of course, but for a 2nd car and a commuter. The price now with a 7,500 federal rebate and a 3,000 state rebate brings the price to under 19k new. Still probably too high considering what you can get a Corolla and 40mpg for, but it is right there around the break even point for ownership over the life of the car as long as the batteries don't go early.

All in all, I'm a little tired of cars for daily use. I need to get my ass back on my bicycle, buy a 125-250cc motorcycle, and then just take the bus when it rains.

Then I can afford to own a weekend toy instead of the money for the daily drive.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I got a low+dirty three ep for record store day.
I was pressed on gold vinyl.
Haven't listened to it and don't know much about dirty three,
but I like low.
I think they did a tour recently but I missed them.
sl-89790.jpg

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
I went to go buy some mahogany veneer plywood but the stores I went didn't have the size I needed. So I went to fry's looking for a new flash drive(my dog chewed my old one up) and instead bought PSP battery charger lol

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
That reminds me. I did end up buying my dad's Saturn Vue. It's nice to finally have a roadtrip-worthy vehicle.

Pope Sazae

Had to go buy some new brand of veggie burgers, the ones that I like were all sold out.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

I got some used panties yesterday. Thanks for the package, man. :buttrock:

...what do you mean with "don't post this on the forum"? Oh shit...

Well here's more stupid shit for you to rage about:

HnGYM8e.jpg

Last edited: