The Quake series.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
So any Quake fans here?i bought Quake 4 last week for the 360 (wich comes blunded with Quake 2).And man, how i have been missing this game.i did finish it on the PC but now iam back on it,i was curious about the 360 version and the achievements are always a motivation.and for 15 dollars you cant go wrong.
despite some slowdown problems, the 360 version is great,and iam having more fun playing it now!on the couch,with a 40" 1080p LCD.
I played the first Quake when i was still playing Doom and tought the game was great, but did not do much for me.might have to go back to it one day.The revolution for me was with Quake 2.
i still remember being completely blown way by the visuals of Quake 2.the sound track is also awesome!and the level design is fabulous...this remains my favourite of the series.Quake 2 was also the place for my very fisrt online Deathmacth...
And later for my surprise the PS 1 version was great!
Quake 3 was a bit of a let down since i totally sucks at FPS online matchs,but still think that is a great game.again, the arena design were amazing.
Iam not a FPS kind of guy (excepting for Valve games) but iam always looking forward for the next Quake or Doom.
any fans of the series here that want to share some toughts?

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
Quake 4 is an awesome game. I know it didn't do as well as they expected, but it really is a fantastic game. I even like the multiplayer. Now if only people would play it online.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Quake 4 is an awesome game. I know it didn't do as well as they expected, but it really is a fantastic game. I even like the multiplayer. Now if only people would play it online.

at the moment,im without an internet connection at home.but once i get a connection i´ll take Quake 4 for a spin online.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Quake was the first FPS I played online, and I played it a LOT. CTF Quake with grappling hooks and all would still be my favorite FPS if it were on a modern system of any kind.

Quake 4 was also a great game. I actually beat it on all 4 difficulty settings on the 360 for the achievements.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Letdown?the 360 version? or Quake 2?
still didnt play the 360 version of Quake 2 for more than 2 minutes...still i think is a cool bonus...

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Letdown?the 360 version? or Quake 2?
still didnt play the 360 version of Quake 2 for more than 2 minutes...still i think is a cool bonus...

The letdown is that they ported it without giving proper console gaming control options. I don't know about the game itself.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I'm a huge Quake fan.

I'm so excited for Quake 3 live to come out. I hope we can get a neo-geo game together. I don't play Quake anymore, I mostly play UT3 on the PC.

If any news comes out about a release date please post it!

SIXPACK

Armored Scrum Object
Such love for the Quake series reminds how great Quake2 really is!
Havent played it in ages but getting it for free with Quake4 seems like a good deal and a good reason to walk those corridors once again! Cant wait to play Quake4!
Hooray for nail-gun!!!!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
the sound track is also awesome!and the level design is fabulous...this remains my favourite of the series.
Quake 3 was a bit of a let down.

i love the quake 2 soundtrack:buttrock:. i actualy have the sound track. and about quake 3, you have to play it on the dreamcast or pc. the ps2 vesion sucks ass.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Everyone has the Quake 2 soundtrack, it came on the disc.
CDDA, ho!