The secret to Kaori's teleport revealed!

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I have a soft spot for bad games.

Especially bad fighting games.

Shaq-Fu has awesome stages, decent music on snes, and incredible animation. It also has shaq. Too bad the controls are ass.

I only recently discovered that the genesis version actually has 5 more characters than on the snes. I never owned a genesis, much less both versions of shaq-fu.

I recently picked up the snes version for shits and giggles since it has been ages since I played it. I was dicking around with the characters and checking out movelists online. I was surprised to find that Kaori, the cat woman, only had 2 moves listed in most places. Few sites mentioned both of her projectiles. None of them, however, had the inputs for her teleport kick. It was listed in the genesis movelists as :hcf: HK. This didn't work on the snes, in fact, the only button that works with :hcf: are punches for her fire bomb thingy. I knew the teleport kick was in the game since the cheap ass cpu beat me over the head with it over and over again. I loaded up every version of the rom I could find to make sure it wasn't an issue with my copy of the game or controller. I wasn't about to believe that these guys (check out those cut offs):

fagets.jpg

could forget to add this move to the game as well as the 5 characters from the genesis version. I did some experimenting. It had to be there. Some characters have weird wanna-be shoryuken motions so I started there. I was about to give up when I accidently did a double quarter circle back to down and HK. VIOLA! Teleport kick! The motion for Kaori's teleport kick in the snes version of Shaq-Fu is back, down, back, down +HK. Too bad it has incredibly long start up, does almost no damage, and doesn't even look cool. Anyways, I couldn't find this info anywhere on the internet, so I had to share. You're welcome.

TL;DR - The motion for Kaori's teleport kick in the snes version of Shaq-Fu is :back::down::back::down: +HK.