This is the best DVD box set EVER!!!! I want this bad!!!

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
BCBA-2022.jpg

Then, when you open it up:

cb_boxset.JPG

slerch666

updyke,
If you want to order it, CD Japan has it for sale.

There's is listed at 40000 Yen, or $400. Thank you, piss poor exchange rate.

You can get it at a discount from Amazon Japan. There's is listed at 33600 Yen, or about $330. Don't forget about shipping.

What that box is, is the new "remastered in Dolby 5.1" box set.

It also has an audio commentary, but alas, no English subtitles or dub, so those of you who can't do spoken Japanese, this set isn't for you.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
What exactly is this and why should I buy it when I own the HK 3 disk set?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
What exactly is this and why should I buy it when I own the HK 3 disk set?

Well for starters everything out of china is a bootleg :smirk:

The only other reason is cause its got all that funky packaging and its now 5.1.

Think ill just stick with the old dvds for now.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Mr.Nemoperson said:
Well for starters everything out of china is a bootleg :smirk:

The only other reason is cause its got all that funky packaging and its now 5.1.

Think ill just stick with the old dvds for now.

Yeah I know its a bootleg. Funny how the Chinese bootleggers made a much better looking set than either the Japanese or the US official ones.

But anyway, this one DOES look neat, but 350 dollars is a little much.
The VHS tape says CB4 on it, dont know if thats an intentional joke, but its still funny. And the Shougi PS2 game cover spoof is cool too.

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Nesagwa said:
The VHS tape says CB4 on it, dont know if thats an intentional joke, but its still funny. And the Shougi PS2 game cover spoof is cool too.
I thought the VHS tape was on the far right with the "COBY 120"... And thanx!... I finally got the 6th disc case...

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
seba_boi said:
I thought the VHS tape was on the far right with the "COBY 120"... And thanx!... I finally got the 6th disc case...

Opps youre right. I meant the MD case.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
slerch666 said:
If you want to order it, CD Japan has it for sale.

There's is listed at 40000 Yen, or $400. Thank you, piss poor exchange rate.

You can get it at a discount from Amazon Japan. There's is listed at 33600 Yen, or about $330. Don't forget about shipping.

What that box is, is the new "remastered in Dolby 5.1" box set.

It also has an audio commentary, but alas, no English subtitles or dub, so those of you who can't do spoken Japanese, this set isn't for you.
$300-400 for that? Wow. :spock:

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
2 posts and no-one has answered my question! i am not a wasian and why doesnt a real wasian answer me! WTF IS IT!

Suzaku

Zero's Secretary
Stupidest looking box set I ever seen. I don't know whatsup with japanese people and including random shit with box sets and such.

slerch666

updyke,
ferrarimanf355 said:
$300-400 for that? Wow. :spock:
I guess you don't look into buying Japanese Region 2 DVDs? That's not a bad price relatively speaking.

Shit, there are 26 episode series out in Japan that go for $25 ($50 a disc, 2 eps a disc) an episode for all intents and purposes, or $650 if you calculate it out.

Suzaku

Zero's Secretary
slerch666 said:
I guess you don't look into buying Japanese Region 2 DVDs? That's not a bad price relatively speaking.

Shit, there are 26 episode series out in Japan that go for $25 ($50 a disc, 2 eps a disc) an episode for all intents and purposes, or $650 if you calculate it out.

Which is why I buy american releases. If an anime is not licensed, which is a long shot nowadays, then I eventually download some nice OGM's and burn them on DVDs. One DVD will hold a series.

Unless you are bill gates, I don't see why someone should spend that kind of cash on stupid japanese DVDs ...

slerch666

updyke,
Suzaku said:
Which is why I buy american releases. If an anime is not licensed, which is a long shot nowadays, then I eventually download some nice OGM's and burn them on DVDs. One DVD will hold a series.

Unless you are bill gates, I don't see why someone should spend that kind of cash on stupid japanese DVDs ...
97% of my collection is US R1 DVDs. I have a lot of them.

I do, however, buy certain series on R2 DVD, mostly shit that will NEVER see the light of day over here, like Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Koutetsu Jeeg and Cutie Honey TV. I occassionally purchase things I want to see ASAP. Since I don't need subs anymore, not havnig them isn't a deterrent for me any longer. Plus, the video quality on Japanese R2 DVDs is usually MUCH higher than their US counterparts.

A single DVD will hold an entire series, but at what quality? If you don't mind stuff looking like it came from VCD, then I guess that's fine. To each their own.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Suzaku said:

Same reason why someone would pay 250+ for a AES game or 25k for a yu gi O card. Cause they think its sooooooooooooooo cool :multi_co:

Suzaku

Zero's Secretary
I could understand 250 for an AES game. It's basically an arcade board. It's high quality stuff that keeps its value for a long period of time. Try selling that stupid box set on ebay within a year or so and you will get 20 bucks at most. That yugioh card will be worth 25 cents within a couple of years.

Eric

Fight On!,
Suzaku said:
I could understand 250 for an AES game. It's basically an arcade board. It's high quality stuff that keeps its value for a long period of time. Try selling that stupid box set on ebay within a year or so and you will get 20 bucks at most. That yugioh card will be worth 25 cents within a couple of years.

If I can find that same exact box set on eBay for $20 in a year, I will personally fellate the seller as an added bonus.

Time to begin to question my own sexuality. :(

Jedite

Bunker Buster
Nesagwa said:
Yeah I know its a bootleg. Funny how the Chinese bootleggers made a much better looking set than either the Japanese or the US official ones.

But anyway, this one DOES look neat, but 350 dollars is a little much.
The bootlegged version of the anime may have better looking boxes, but, the video qualities are poor on them. I once bought a Cowboy Bebop bootleg box set, and whenever, there's a scene with the Bebop in space, then, the video quality would be staticy and expolsions would make the screen go out for a split second. So, bootlegs are cheap, but, hurt the people that dub the anime, because if everyone starts buying bootlegs, then, the companies won't have the money and won't be able to dub the anime, so, we won't get the anime that we want to see.

Suzaku

Zero's Secretary
Nobody said anything about bootlegs. I am talking about US releases here. Why go pay 600 dollars for a boxset when you can pay 100 here in the US. Plus consider the shipping costs to import a big ass box set for japan.

I mean why the fuck buy that shit? Are you on fucken crack? For what? For a piece of paper with regular handwriting in it and some random shit with cowboy bebop on it?

Jedite

Bunker Buster
Suzaku said:
Nobody said anything about bootlegs. I am talking about US releases here. Why go pay 600 dollars for a boxset when you can pay 100 here in the US. Plus consider the shipping costs to import a big ass box set for japan.

I mean why the fuck buy that shit? Are you on fucken crack? For what? For a piece of paper with regular handwriting in it and some random shit with cowboy bebop on it?

No, I was responding to Nesagwa's repsonses about bootlegs. My bad.

But, about the box set, the box set looks nice, sucks it's only in Japan.

Last edited: