Thundercats fans, prepare to cry...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They cant come up with original shit anymore?

Whats going on?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
PUNJABEE said:
Teenagers that are in a rock band?

Wow. Just.. fucking.. wow.

Name changed to Thunderpussy or Lightning Twat/Taint

Steve

The Wonder Years,
AppleiDog said:
Thats been true since the 80's early 90's

IMO the last truly great cartoon series (although Batman Beyond in the late 90s wasn't shabby) was Mighty Max (92-93 ish). In fact, that might be my all time favorite cartoon series. It had a succint 40 episode run, with an interesting ending episode, some great music and characters. Max was brilliantly voiced by the same dude who did Ralph for TMNT. Skullmaster was done by the brilliant Tim Curry (you might recall him as the Home Alone 2 Plaza Hotel manager, the boss of Duece Gigalow lol)

PUNJABEE

Banned
Xian Xi said:
Name changed to Thunderpussy or Lightning Twat/Taint

lol

Did you ever see that commercial? I think it was for car insurance or something, but it was about this one glam-rock band called Dangerkitty. It was awesomely hilarious, they ended up playing a wedding or something and singing a song called "Love Rocket".

Good stuff. Thunderpussy reminded me of that.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Steve said:
IMO the last truly great cartoon series (although Batman Beyond in the late 90s wasn't shabby) was Mighty Max (92-93 ish). In fact, that might be my all time favorite cartoon series. It had a succint 40 episode run, with an interesting ending episode, some great music and characters. Max was brilliantly voiced by the same dude who did Ralph for TMNT. Skullmaster was done by the brilliant Tim Curry (you might recall him as the Home Alone 2 Plaza Hotel manager, the boss of Duece Gigalow lol)

Mighty Max was ace series, I remember waking up early in the morning before leaving for school just to watch Mighty Max.

And everything Tim Curry touches turns into gold.

That is all. :buttrock:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I dunno man. Changing it to a rock band makes me think they are turning Thundercats into fucking Gem and the Holograms.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Andy Is A Bastard said:
http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24232

While I'd be all for a new series, what the hell is this shite? The above post also brings up some interesting points on the downside of fans getting and enjoying classic series on DVD...think it really could be a factor?
Why does... WB keep trying to rape my favorite childhood memorise :oh_no:

Frist loony toons now the thundercats!? Realy i don't get these studios these days for some reason they think... remakeing every thing for, the next generation is trendy :mad:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Steve said:

Yea, MightyMax was awesome...here is a torrent for the whole series (tv ripped of course as they will probably never get it out on dvd..sigh) http://torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=818430

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
LoL

What the fuck happend there? it could'nt be further away from the original, its only the names that are the same!

They should have called Lion O & The Pussycats!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
LoL

They should have called Lion O & The Pussycats!

Quoted for truth.

Another part of our past brutally raped. Now if it was almost decent, like when Cartoon Network came out with the new version of 'He-Man' which was watchable, I'd give it a shot. This is messed up :blow_top:

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Wow, I had read that they were going to be reviving the franchise but this is total shit.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
This is just bad. The only good remake was heman because the show was so overly cheesy and they made it more serious, but this is horrible. First Looney Toons and now this? I hope the the person green lighting this crap gets fired.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Tom said:
First Looney Toons and now this? I hope the the person green lighting this crap gets fired.
Sadly, it's my understanding that the godawful "Loonatics Unleashed" was picked up for another season as it had been getting fairly high ratings...this means he's probably getting a raise and promotion while kids today have no idea that they're getting spoonfed such crap so they just embrace it(which is what they may well do with this latest upcoming travesty).

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
mel gibson would have always made a perfect lion-o in a movie, and carl weathers could have played Panthro :chimp:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
NEver being a fan of the Thundercats, I find this amusing, considering the butchering they did to TMNT, and all those horrible Japanese Transformer Series.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
OrochiEddie said:
NEver being a fan of the Thundercats, I find this amusing, considering the butchering they did to TMNT
If you're referring to this new futuristic series they just started airing then I suppose, but just prior to that, the series that was being shown seemed to be holding closer to the original comic storyline in regarding the main issues(at least that's what I thought)...

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
DashK said:
mel gibson would have always made a perfect lion-o in a movie, and carl weathers could have played Panthro :chimp:
(To Mumm-Ra) "Are you a Jew?"

Of course, if he didn't call Cheetara "sugar-tits" at some point, I'd be severely disappointed.

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
Steve said:
Skullmaster was done by the brilliant Tim Curry (you might recall him as the Home Alone 2 Plaza Hotel manager, the boss of Duece Gigalow lol)
WOW. Of all the memorable roles that Curry's played, you picked that one.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Tron 2.0 said:
Why does... WB keep trying to rape my favorite childhood memorise :oh_no:

Frist loony toons now the thundercats!? Realy i don't get these studios these days for some reason they think... remakeing every thing for, the next generation is trendy :mad:

The only reason the WB is raping our childhood cause the parents that make their kids pussies complained that the cartoons in the 80s and 90s were too violent and had sensistive matter in it so they basically threatened to sue in order to make cartoons for kids. Damn, I hate these people! I betcha if they bring back Freakazoid, it would be edited heavly!