Tom Yum Goong U.S. title: The Protector

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
I'm sure some of you martial arts fans have heard of Tony Jaa and his movie Tom Yum Goong....out in the US September 8th!:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/theprotector/

the narration in the trailer tries to make the story sound different than it actually it is. wonder if it's gonna be butch..er...re-edited.....like it looks like they're gonna add those xray looking shots of bones being broken (which isnt in the original and sure as hell doesnt need it...the sfx already tell you whats happening)

i've already seen the original flick, so it would be interesting to listen to Rza's reworked score for the movie. Also in the version that i saw (region 3 dvd) it seemed that a fight scene was taken out...the chapel fight, before Jaa goes against Lateef Crowder (the capoiera guy) he fought 2 other guys (it was in the bloopers/making of section) wonder if it'll be in the US version?

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
watched this movie today actually.

i definitely liked it, but i think ong-bak had a stronger story.

anyways, i'll go see it just to see it on a big screen.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
My firend burned it when it came out. Actions scenes are good, but if your expecting the story of the first one you will be sad. Action great story not so mucfh.

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
Tom said:
Actions scenes are good, but if your expecting the story of the first one you will be sad.

these movies arent really the kind you'd watch if you're looking for plot/story

you can basically sum up the plots like this:
Someone stole Tony's shit, Tony asskicks everybody to get his shit back.:loco:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Its a movie about getting revenge for slaughterd ELEPHANTS!!!! C'mon, saying Ong-Bak had a stronger story is a SERIOUS UNDERSTATEMENT.

I mean the action in the movie was rather cool but the story just made the whole thing laughable. I mean, how funny was the scene where he was walking through the city with the elephant with him. Fighting off villains, all while rocking a jean jacket and an ASCOT!

Sadly, I know im gonna see it again once it hits here.

O.

PUNJABEE

Banned
This movie is fantastic.

I love the 10 minute scene where he's just breaking everyone's arms/legs, not to mention that one single-shot (they dont cut away or change perspective) where he's in that 'mall' thing and he's just beating the shit out of everyone.

:buttrock: :buttrock:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
PUNJABEE said:
This movie is fantastic.

I love the 10 minute scene where he's just breaking everyone's arms/legs, not to mention that one single-shot (they dont cut away or change perspective) where he's in that 'mall' thing and he's just beating the shit out of everyone.

:buttrock: :buttrock:

That's the only part I love about this movie.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
dullbuoy said:
like it looks like they're gonna add those xray looking shots of bones being broken (which isnt in the original and sure as hell doesnt need it...the sfx already tell you whats happening)

Umm, it is in the original. I have had it since September last year and it has the xray shots of bones being broken and tendons being cut.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
seen it already, far better action than Ong Bak IMO (thats not to say Ong Bak had bad action :D )...story-wise...

ya know, sometimes...who gives a shit? ill settle for awsome action seqeunces no matter the story. nonetheless, Tom Yum Goong has an alright story, but Ong Bak's story is crappy IMO, not nessicerily the main story, but just about everything in between.

anyways, if you havent seen "The Protector", go see it, it kicks ass on many levels. (literally!)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Found that badass fight scene over at youtube. Check it if you haven't seen the flick.

Enjoy.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I've watched this movie until i became sick of it, literally SICK OF IT. It was great but i overdid it, lol.

When it came out though the whole Capoeira community rejoiced because they had a decent(well, actually badass) capoeira vs other martial arts scene, unlike other movies before it. I know it gave me as a capoeirista motivation. I think thats what drove me to try and be my best so i can do scenes like this with my other martial arts friends as a hobby. Too bad I'm sick of this movie and I can't stand to watch that scene anymore:lolz:

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Magician said:
Found that badass fight scene over at youtube. Check it if you haven't seen the flick.

Enjoy.

Haven't seen the film, but this fight scene just kills a lot of enthusiasm for the thing for me.

I mean, I know these movies aren't supposed to be totally realistic, but how stupid are the bad guys if there's approximately 800,000 of them yet they all decide to just attack Jaa one at a time. :oh_no:

I would have much preferred something with only 3 or 4 villains, but one where he has to fight them all at once - this is something that Jackie Chan (who I've seen Jaa compared to a lot) seems to do quite often in his flicks.

However, I have seen the fight against the Capoeira guy, and that is awesome! :buttrock:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
799,996 bad guys would crowd around while it's possible for four guys to fight him at once. That's why.

what a coincidence this thread bumped, I'm seeing this shit tonight at the dollar theater. yay for capoeira fight scene.