Tonight on unsolved mysteries: censorship

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Not sure if we disagree or not.

While I don't disagree that the social justice types are a scourge of the internet (and a bane to people trying to promote legitimate social progress), this guy's video is the exact same brand of childish overreaction. No, this is not the death of game journalism. No, this is not the death of feminism just because some desperate attention whore banged a few dudes in the industry. This is simply the end of people taking this one person seriously. He talks like there's some huge conspiracy theory and she's fucked/influenced social media and news outlets in to silence (looking at her, I'm not thinking she's that convincing). Reddit shut this shit down because doxxing and brigading is generally not allowed and very little of what's been alleged has been proven. Respectable sites wouldn't touch this nonsense with a ten-foot pole (pun intended). People are just going berserk because she's always come off as an entitled twat and the internet loves a good comeuppance.

I think we agree. I'm not so much sticking up for the presentation of the video, moreso just saying that when you come at people in such a reactive way, the response is going to be as much if not more. It's human nature. And I don't say this to derail because we already have a hot thread on it but if you want to see it in action IRL and on something that actually matters, just look at Ferguson, MO right now.

People get upset, the police force OVER REACTS, so then people OVER REACT (along with opportunist gaining hold), and things keep escalating.

Tho this is just internet blogosphere crap so the worst that happens is a few accounts get pooched. The world will keep turning.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's like a female version of dvdxploitr. Claiming copyright infringement to take down all the ng.c vids of him from youtube.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think it's a shame this has been dragged into the internet spotlight for whatever reasons, because in the end whoever she fucked doesn't matter in the slightest.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I think it's a shame this has been dragged into the internet spotlight for whatever reasons, because in the end whoever she fucked doesn't matter in the slightest.

So how did she compare to the janky toothed ladyboys in the sack? :keke:

To get back to the srs talk tho, there are two issues here...

A) If you are going to use SJWs to keep opinions down using false pretenses, you're asking for trouble. Especially when there's so much hypocracy around it.

B) All resources are finite. Any coverage or attention she gained from her actions that kept others from gaining attention means someone else that would have gotten coverage, assuming that she would have not received said press, was dealt undo harm as well. You can't get into the what-ifs of who this would have harmed directly, but there would have to be some splash damage to others not gaining published time.

Tiananmen Square. *Just testing*

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Could you say the creative process in Castlevania SOTN was very "female driven" back in the day?

Michiru Yamane did the music (some of the best I've ever heard in a video game), and the exquisite art/character design was by Ayami Kojima.

True ladies who got to where they were by developing a level of talent that simply could not be denied, no matter how much of a sexist prick you may have been.

They never gave a flying fuck about the spotlight, they never whined about inequality, and AFAIK they never fucked or blew anyone to get to where they were....because they actually BELONGED there.

Over the years, these two quietly built up a body of work that (without intending to do so), has done more for "women in gaming" than all the Anita Sarkesiaans/Zoe Quinns in the world ever fucking will.

This dissonance parallels a similar schism between traditional feminism and this modern "feminism" founded by shrill, whiny, man-hater cuntsacks that slithered out of an LSD fueled era of burning bras and fucking scores of dirty unwashed hippies every day during the 1960s (aka the time America started going to shit).

Last edited:

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Videogame critics are not journalists... The most interesting thing from the video was the part about the promoting females game jam that she ruined. That was awful of Quinn. The other parts are TMZ garbage. Sleeping with one guy to get a good review or promote her opinions is nothing compared to publishers like Konami inviting 100+ "press" to an exotic island for a preview event and treating everyone like billionaires.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
So how did she compare to the janky toothed ladyboys in the sack? :keke:

To get back to the srs talk tho, there are two issues here...

A) If you are going to use SJWs to keep opinions down using false pretenses, you're asking for trouble. Especially when there's so much hypocracy around it.

B) All resources are finite. Any coverage or attention she gained from her actions that kept others from gaining attention means someone else that would have gotten coverage, assuming that she would have not received said press, was dealt undo harm as well. You can't get into the what-ifs of who this would have harmed directly, but there would have to be some splash damage to others not gaining published time.

Tiananmen Square. *Just testing*

I can't tell if this is directed at me but it seems the whole issue is some ugly girl who wanted to make a video game had sex with a guy who works at fucking kotaku, as if that makes any difference.

I don't care about this whatsoever,

yet here we are because it's A Thing and so I'm commenting on it.

PS I wanna play SOTN again

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
PS I wanna play SOTN again

My post sucked and I have to keep going back to edit the fucking thing.

But anyway....what the fuck is your deal? Are you on some kind of white knight autopilot mode right now?

This is all happening to her BECAUSE:

-she purports to be a victim of male abuse, even though she had unprotected sex with 5 guys behind her boyfriends back...one of them was married. She sexually assaulted another guy at a convention and countless times she was abusing her boyfriend both sexually and emotionally.

-she claims to be a feminist, and yet she has resorted to using her pussy and staging false flag attacks on herself to subvert the opinions of game journalists, indie game insiders, and even mindless shills like yourself.

Even then, nobody would have known about her if she didn't keep throwing other messageboards under the bus in her quest for more attention and blaming them for harassing her when no such thing occurred.

Once the boards took notice, they went after her, called her out on it, and now here we are.

But yeah....keep crying about it because we're all a bunch of mean cock-swinger cavemen slut-shaming a young lady. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
The most interesting thing from the video was the part about the promoting females game jam that she ruined. That was awful of Quinn.

Really the only thing that bothered me. She seems to want to be an icon of Feminism in the industry, yet pulls stuff like this.

I don't care who she slept with or why. Her posing nude at a younger age, I don't care.

I don't trust "Game Critics/Journalists" or Journalists in general nowadays. Honestly I never have and I prefer direct sources with zero opinion and analysis, as I can make my own.

Her "game" was nothing of interest for me. I don't care about her personal struggles or experiences. I'm equal about that regardless of gender, race, sexual preference, or whatever else you wanna throw at me.

If its trash to me, its trash regardless of its origins.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Eh, I'd hit it with a few beers in me, but I wouldn't be proud. She's got an okay body.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Eh, I'd hit it with a few beers in me, but I wouldn't be proud. She's got an okay body.

Those newdies are way old, Zoe Quinn is in full manatee mode now.

But you're right, younger Zoe's body isn't all that bad.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Typical hipster/armchair tumblr feminist thinking she's special.

I could take all that in stride if she actually produced an awesome indie game. She could make me her bitch John Romero Style. In reality though, its not even a fucking game. It's an interactive text based bitchfest about being socially awkward, depressed and nerdy.

Probably an old powerpoint saved on a floppy from her high school intro to computer media class. Stoned off her ass one night, she decided to turned it into a 'game'.

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
I enjoyed the first 15 seconds of that video thinking it was going to be a parody of all this nonsense. Then it turned out to be the exact opposite.

People are caring about this way too much.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Because even /v/ can't stand this shit anymore. /v/ is also bad, btw.