Toonami is making a comeback

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Makes sense as their saturday anime line up was just drifting and when I heard they got the rights to show Panty & Stocking combined with the april fools joke something was in the works

Plus everyone wants to hear Steve Blum as Tom again( even though it's just his regular voice )

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Did they ever post what they'll end up showing, or are they just calling the normal Saturday night lineup Toonami? Because if their just renaming it then I don't really care. Hopefully they'll have a mix of old and new shows.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Did they ever post what they'll end up showing, or are they just calling the normal Saturday night lineup Toonami? Because if their just renaming it then I don't really care. Hopefully they'll have a mix of old and new shows.

Old shows mixed in with new stuff licensed as well as newly created original stuff

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Ah kids. You doll fuckers are making me feel old.

While it's been a few years, I still remeber raging at CTN and specifically, the Toonami block, for editing/changing/removing opening and ending credit sequences, some of which were already in english mind you, to make room for more ads.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
xkoqw9.png

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
I heard they got the rights to show Panty & Stocking

It'll be interesting to see how they handle this. I saw the world premiere of the trailer+first two episodes at the panel at this year's ACEN. They did a fantastic job, but it's just about the most vulgar thing I have ever heard. Will they bleep it, or will they do a late-night with a disclaimer (a la Comedy Central) with everything there? Any nudity is already mosaic'd, but that language...my god.

Funny thing is, during the Q+A after the panel, someone asked the cast about the possibility of it getting aired on Adult Swim or the like and they just kind of scratched their heads. "We'd love to, but how the fuck are we going to do it?" I guess we'll find out if that's true.

Here's the trailer of the dub for those curious (DVD's out in July):

Spoiler:

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
Why does everything need to be brought back or remade nowadays? Do all the brains over at CN not have the inspiration to just make another original block with previously-unseen on TV anime (like they did with Gundam Wing and some others back then) that today's kids can make their own nostalgia out of? Lame.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
It'll be interesting to see how they handle this. I saw the world premiere of the trailer+first two episodes at the panel at this year's ACEN. They did a fantastic job, but it's just about the most vulgar thing I have ever heard. Will they bleep it, or will they do a late-night with a disclaimer (a la Comedy Central) with everything there? Any nudity is already mosaic'd, but that language...my god.

Funny thing is, during the Q+A after the panel, someone asked the cast about the possibility of it getting aired on Adult Swim or the like and they just kind of scratched their heads. "We'd love to, but how the fuck are we going to do it?" I guess we'll find out if that's true.

Here's the trailer of the dub for those curious (DVD's out in July):

Spoiler:

While that dub preview is not as bad as I assumed( of course Monica Rial rears her terrible voice ) it would be I'm still getting that set( better be a blu ray set )

Why does everything need to be brought back or remade nowadays? Do all the brains over at CN not have the inspiration to just make another original block with previously-unseen on TV anime (like they did with Gundam Wing and some others back then) that today's kids can make their own nostalgia out of? Lame.

They did, it was the saturday block for the last couple of years that featured Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Eureka 7 and etc which this will still be just with the addition of old favs replacing the ones lost or no one liked

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
They did, it was the saturday block for the last couple of years that featured Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Eureka 7 and etc which this will still be just with the addition of old favs replacing the ones lost or no one liked
The only one that's left showing new eps is Bleach and that has another couple of years left before all of the episodes air in the U.S. Durarara! was the last new good anime [adult swim] aired (running through the second time now) and while I love FLCL, they keep recycling it every 6 weeks to the point where I don't even want to watch it anymore.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
The only one that's left showing new eps is Bleach and that has another couple of years left before all of the episodes air in the U.S. Durarara! was the last new good anime [adult swim] aired (running through the second time now) and while I love FLCL, they keep recycling it every 6 weeks to the point where I don't even want to watch it anymore.

Which is why when they had a bumper a couple months ago talking about new anime they had picked up I wondered why it was taking forever to show with Panty & Stocking being one of them

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
::Flame Jacket On::

I'm sorry. I just didn't care for FLCL. I watched it through twice and just didn't give a shit. I hate mind-fuck anime where you have to go deep into the story. The best thing about the show was the music. If it didn't have The Pillows doing the awesome background music I wouldn't have watched it through. That's why I own the soundtracks and not the DVD's of the actual show.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I haven't seen Adult Swim in ages.

The breaks w/ erm...Dilla *breaks* always made me smile.

The Pillows live are juggernaut of sound. Like, Who @ Leeds caliber good. I'd watch paint dry to their soundtrack.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Maybe if I was still a teenager this would be cool news.

I mean, what new anime is good? Everything looks so homogenized now.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Not gonna lie, Cartoon Network is starting to become so based this year. Toonami is coming back, Black Dynamite The Animation is FINALLY coming out, and the unexpected news of The Boondocks season 4 is announced! Of course stuff like this would happen while I was in Korea but then again, folks around the nation have benefited from my absence (except for the awful gas prices). :)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Maybe if I was still a teenager this would be cool news.

I mean, what new anime is good? Everything looks so homogenized now.

This. I haven't been introduced to an interesting anime in years. Monster was the last great show I watched. I read a few mangas, but it is mostly because I started them in high school and want to see them end.
moonjump said:
::Flame Jacket On::

I'm sorry. I just didn't care for FLCL. I watched it through twice and just didn't give a shit. I hate mind-fuck anime where you have to go deep into the story. The best thing about the show was the music. If it didn't have The Pillows doing the awesome background music I wouldn't have watched it through. That's why I own the soundtracks and not the DVD's of the actual show.

Finally someone who agrees. To me it just seemed like a bunch of nonsense and I had no interest to figure it all out. I remember by episode 4 I was just begging for the stupid thing to be over, and to this day I could maybe recall 2 or 3 scenes, but nothing beyond that, it was completely forgettable.

This doesn't seem that interesting of an announcement. Would we all flip the fuck out if TGIF made a comeback and once in a while we got episodes of home improvement and full house peppered in?

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Looks like the schedule's out:

Adult Swim's entire anime schedule for early morning May 27 is as follows:

12:00 a.m. - Bleach
12:30 a.m. - Deadman Wonderland
1:00 a.m. - Casshern Sins
1:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2:00 a.m. - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
2:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop

The schedule then repeats between 3:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m.

More insight from former Toonami producer Jason Demarco here:
LINK

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Saw that this morning even after I read they were keeping it "Top Secret". Cashern sounds good since I started watching a few of the old episodes after TvC came out. No idea what Deadman Wonderland is, but I'll give it a whirl. Other then that, I've got Cowboy Bebop on DVD, FMA is on Netflix and I didn't care for Ghost in the Shell, so I didn't bother with the series. Bleach was really cool when it started, then they went to the Soul Society. It started out like an awesome Japanese anime version of Ghostbusters and then turned into Dragon Ball Z, but everybody just wants to be Super Trunks. What a fucking let down of a show. (Thankfully the two DS games Treasure made are badass)

Eric

Fight On!,
Well, not much of a line up so far.

That aftermath site is still cool, though, for some background noise.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
No Shippuden?

Then I'm not interested.