Transformers Combiners for kids

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Ok my son took a liking to toys that can transform, so I need GohanX in this thread.
What's the current quality toy equivalent of the Construction worker transformers that managed to transform into an even bigger robot when you stick them together. (If I remember correctly we had that stuff as kids with construction work bots and dinosaurs)

I want something the kid can really play with and not some fragile figurine crap to never open and put on the shelf.
Googling for Transformer toys I'm totally lost between 3rd party ripoffs, Retro Style Cashgrabs for adults, etc.

Therefore: Please be so kind to enlighten me of the current state of transformers and toys.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Depending on your budget, you can go cheap or expensive with 1st party (Hasbro made) toys.

For example: The current big boy is Menasor who is:

MotorMaster (Main)
Dead End (arm)
Wild Rider (Leg)
Dragstrip (arm)
Breakdown (leg)

MotorMaster will be the one to run you the most. MSRP is $80 for him, the others are all something like $25? They combine nicely to make a nice big Menasor that is weighty and not super fragile.

Heck you can even build Menasor without any of the extra bots. The current line (Legacy) that MotorMaster is in comes with everything to actually turn him into the big bot. The other smaller bots connect to it in such a way that its not like hes missing any limbs.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Interesting, thank you. Checking for sources amazon seems to be the only reliable source in central europe if you don't know specific shops., Pity that you can't just go to the toy store to fetch the stuff, there you'll only get some transformers real life movie toy lines which I'm not very impressed with.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There aren't any combiners in the main line at the moment other than that upcoming Menasaur, mostly because they went nuts with the Combiner Wars line a few years back. I imagine most of those are hideously expensive now, but if you just want something for the kid to play with you may look at some of the aliexpress knockoffs. I have the original CW Devastator which is great, and huge, and I've seen a 12 or 13 inch ali version pretty cheap. I don't know if it's any good though.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
001_111_IMG_Kopievan20FutWeb_DeereX_1-848x565.jpg

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Stay away from third party if they're for a kid to actually play with.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Yeah I'm very reluctant to get 3rd party stuff in regards to quality control. (Which I hope Hasbro has to a certain extent.
Thank you for the feedback all, will check the availability of Menasor he looks cool.