Transparency on AES??

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
I remember while watching the 'Fatality video clip' for Shin Samurai Shodown Zero that the shadows of the fighters and various 'flame effects' were genuinely transparent instead of using the 'fake' technique of rapid-flickering. I know basic transparency is not built into the AES hardware but is there some sort of mod/upgrade that enables it or is it only possible on MVS hardware??

-Shoe :glee:

Last edited:

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
Must be a side effect of the video capture. No NeoGeo game has real transparency.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Reznor007 said:
Must be a side effect of the video capture. No NeoGeo game has real transparency.
Ditto, Raz

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
Razoola said:
Ditto, Raz

That's funny because I thought it might be one of the selectable options with your Unibios (choose between TRANSPARENCY, PIXEL SPACING TECHNIQUE or FLICKERING TECHNIQUE).
That's really weird though, that it was a 'side effect' of the video capture. Go back and watch the video one more time and tell me what you think.. :(

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
The UniBios wouldn't be able to just magically create new hardware capabilities; they would have to be present in the architecture to be used, but they aren't. Oh well.