TV question....

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
So, I have saved up some money for a new TV , and I'd like to get some kinda HDTV that I can hook up everything to , most importantly my computer. Basicly my question is, what should I be looking for? And will any TV's display my computer games / windows xp well? Or should I just have a nice monitor and get a tv seperate? I'd really like just one screen in my gameroom....

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
For double-duty as both a TV and computer display, I would recommend either a direct-view LCD panel (for flat-panel coolness) or a DLP projection set (for more inches-per-dollar). Either of those options can produce an excellent picture without fear of burn-in.

Kevin Paul

Overtop Pathfinder
Most of today's LCD TVs come with a VGA and DVI inputs to hook up to your computer.

I bought a Westinghouse 32" LCD TV a week ago from Best Buy for $980. It seems to be a popular monitor over at AVS Forums. The picture was pretty decent and had a bunch of inputs (two components, a DVI, S-Video and composite).

Just make sure the TV you buy has 1:1 mapping for computer output and decent response time (8ms, though that number can be misleading).

Some cheap popular brands are Syntax Olevia 32" LCD TV, Westinghouse 32" LCD TV, Maxent 32" LCD TV and if you look hard enough, you could probably score the 32" Samsung, which is what Microsoft refers to as the official HDTV for playing Xbox 360.