Ugh... Blast City speakers.

I am a proud owner of Blast City cabinet now! I have only read about the woes of finding parts and now I get to truely experience it for myself! I must say, it IS an incredible adventure!
Anyways, speakers... my current speakers barely work. The foam is completely gone. This is really the fate of all speakers. I don't think Toptone manufacturers the model anymore and eventually the Blast speakers won't be available at all. I really, really, do not want over priced stock speakers.
So my question is this... would anyone know anything about sourcing products to get drop in replacements created. Make them better sound quality than stock. I wonder what the minimum quantity would be? 500? 1,000?
The cost per speaker would probably be under $5 just because of their size. If word could get out, we could pool together and make something like this happen!?

Discuss. :p

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I am a proud owner of Blast City cabinet now! I have only read about the woes of finding parts and now I get to truely experience it for myself! I must say, it IS an incredible adventure!

Anyways, speakers... my current speakers barely work. The foam is completely gone. This is really the fate of all speakers. I don't think Toptone manufacturers the model anymore and eventually the Blast speakers won't be available at all. I really, really, do not want over priced stock speakers.

So my question is this... would anyone know anything about sourcing products to get drop in replacements created. Make them better sound quality than stock. I wonder what the minimum quantity would be? 500? 1,000?

The cost per speaker would probably be under $5 just because of their size. If word could get out, we could pool together and make something like this happen!?

Discuss. :p

Blast speakers are good quality, and are still available. It's not rocket science putting in new speakers and they are not so unique that they require a special run to be made. You can patch up your current ones or drop in speakers same size or smaller into the speaker box. Where did you get your info that you would have to buy 500 or 1000 speakers? If you think you can find 250-500 people who are in need of replacing there speakers you are nuts so why even suggest we "pool" together unless your going to even attempt to take on collecting money, and distributing that many orders then you shouldn't play with people's emotions. :-) also use google for things like where do I get a part, post a WTB, or ask a question in the respective candy cab thread where lots of people are very knowledgable of their cabs and can help further.

TL;DR
Contact Yu-Ting he sells some.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
pairs of real blast speakers tend to be much higher than $5. the usual range i see is $75-$100 a pair.

im actually looking at a suitable replacement right now that isnt oem, but needs some finagling. once i know they work properly, i'll post them up.

I guess I should have specified "drop in replacement for the speaker boxes". Not actually get the entire box manufactured. And I should have specified "does anyone have experience sourcing electronics" instead of products. I am only asking because maybe someone here works for a company that sources some sort of component and has a manufacturer lead??

Each box has 2 speakers, so a total of 4 per cabinet. We already have the Toptone schematic for the measurments and specifications. 500 speakers = 125 sets. Depending on the manufacturer, price and minimums will always always vary. Once a manufacturer was acquired, pre-orders would probably then be taken.

Here's an example link:
http://fbelec.en.made-in-china.com/...peaker-Super-Tweeter-Loud-Speaker-FBELE-.html
I really wish the minimum was listed once you're on the page... But it is listed on the previous page:
http://www.made-in-china.com/produc...order=0&isOpenCorrection=1&word=4+ohm+speaker
I believe the first link had a minimum of 100 speakers at $0.05 cents (remember, example!) which you think would be awesome... But there would be equipment setup costs and high shipping. Lets say $100-200 for setup fees, and then another, lets say $100-200 in shipment costs. On the high end of this example, it would be $405 for 100 speakers which would come to $4.05 per speaker. Multiply that by 4 and a set would be $16.20. Then stack United States shipping on that, might be $10 USPS, and you have yourself a NEW set of speakers to put in the boxes you already have for under $30. Remember... Example. Because that's wholesale cost. Retail would probably be around $40 shipped?

On the left side of the first link, they mention they do OEM/ODM services which means they can make anything to your specifications. Samples can usually be created to test, too.

I have used made-in-china.com for sourcing products for my business before, but I have never sourced electronics.

As for distributing... I could take it upon myself as I already do distribution as a job. But then products would become a retail cost. Probably just make a store on bigcartel.com? Maybe Bob Roberts would buy a handful and distribute too?

I am not toying with anyone's emotions. Just being realistic! (that is if manufacturer costs and quantities are within a realistic goal)