Unico Jamma Candy Cabs

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Not entirely sure what the market for this would be. Your everyday person who just wants an arcade machine in their house would want something w/ built-in games (or the ability to play their modern widescreen consoles on) and wouldn't want to go through the trouble of buying PCBs (and also not pay through the nose) and the arcade enthusiast doesn't want an LCD screen to play old games on or an expensive knockoff when they could just as easily get one of the low-end Vewlixs for a similar price.

Still, morbidly curious how it turns out.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I mean on one hand it will make getting a candy easier for people, maybe?

To be frank, Ive considered getting one of the LCD's to slap into my Neo25 but I haven't done any research to see if I'd need to modify the cab. Im thinking that would be a requirement, so Im not sure how much I want that to be done.

But I know that the CRT (as nice as it is now) will eventually fail. So we'll have to see, I guess.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
I like the idea of a candy cab looking thing that could be less pricey and easier to buy than a genuine one, but I don't personally love the design of this one with the ridged back or the decals.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I thought eventually someone would try this. It doesn't look too bad. But I think I'd rather have a vewlix or even a chewlix. I'm glad they made the base separable, that should be done for all cabs designed for home use.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
If it ships with the same screen that @Yodd shit all over for having multiple issues, then yes: consider me disappoint.
Ironically the listed Resolution for the Blast Nova is 1440x1080. different from the the current ULM26, which is wrongly advertised as 1600x1200 or the even the actual 1024 x 768. Perhaps they finally fixed the firmware so you can at least better adjust the horizontal and vertical settings.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
This would have been a fine buy maybe a couple of years from now on, considering how much cab prices inflate. You'll still have to ship that POS from China so I see no reason why you wouldn't import the real deal right now.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
This would have been a fine buy maybe a couple of years from now on, considering how much cab prices inflate. You'll still have to ship that POS from China so I see no reason why you wouldn't import the real deal right now.
Is Unico based in China? I thought they were in the US. Could be totally mistaken tho.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Being from Unico, I imagine this would end up on Amazon where cheaper shipping options would be available.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I don’t hate the look of it, but I guess I can’t really imagine getting it. It’s about time somebody did this.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I kinda like the concept provided that it's not a piece of shit and it's priced right. However it's made by the same guys who make the MVSX and that stupid Neo Geo mini and retarded arcade stick, so...

Ajax

15 Year Member
A friend sent these pics to me. He said they were from another forum, but I don't know which one, and I didn't see 'em here, so thought I would share 'em. Credit to who originally posted them, they aren't mine.

IMG_2049.jpg
IMG_9313.jpgIMG_9312.jpgIMG_9311.jpgIMG_9310.jpgIMG_9315.jpgIMG_9314.jpg

Also, I haven't seen anybody mention it here, but Qanba is making like a... stick desk. I don't know how to describe it. But it has sticks built into a desk, then you hook up your stuff normally with your monitor sitting on the desk. I imagine we'll see at least a couple more contenders in this space coming up soon.

F2tJyTeakAAG-i_.jpg

Last edited:

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
It looks pretty good, I have to admit. The other rounded marquee top makes it look a lot better. I'd even consider getting one but I already have my cab situation squared away.

Hopefully the side art is easy to remove because it's pretty hokey.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That Quanba thing looks cool. It's like the same concept as my half Kraylix cab, where it's not really a cab at all but it has the feel while you connect more modern equipment to it.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Yeah, I agree. I like the look of it. In reality, my HD cabs are nothing more than that, but with the monitor built in. I really love the idea, tbh.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
It looks pretty good, I have to admit. The other rounded marquee top makes it look a lot better. I'd even consider getting one but I already have my cab situation squared away.

Hopefully the side art is easy to remove because it's pretty hokey.
It’s got that Chewlix kinda vibe that way.

Also the fact that it’s wired for Jamma to me is a plus I’d like to see how it outputs though.

Ajax

15 Year Member
The board with the AMD 6800U could be kinda dope if the price is right. I have a mini PC on my desk with a similar processor from the last generation and it can run the 360 Cave games at 1440p locked at 60 FPS, and this CPU has even more firepower than that.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
$1500, ouch. I mean, it's okay of everything is premium materials, but I doubt that will be the case, like that monitor the nerds were sperging about a few weeks ago that was basically "oops, it's just chinese crap."

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Has it been released what it's made out of? It looks like possibly sheet metal and plastic? If it's all plastic then that price is way too high. If it's well made and out of nicer materials, the price really isn't that bad all things considered.

I'd much rather it just be a shell you put your own monitor, speakers and controls into.