US Shipping?

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Now that I am selling off a bunch of stuff that has been just laying around the basement, I am amazed at how much it costs to ship things.

What do you find is the most economical way to ship within the US?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Depends on where you're shipping to and how much the package weighs.

If it's something heavy like a PCB I usually opt for a flat rate Priority Mail box. Something lighter or closer to home usually gets sent regular Priority Mail. It has to be pretty light to make sending 1st class any cheaper than entry level Priority Mail.

I've never sent anything through UPS, DHL or Fedex due to USPS's awesome track record.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Yea I only use USPS myself...Knock on wood I have never have an issue with them....I just got something big from UPS and they trashed it...they must of ran into the side of the box with a fooklift..

I use :USPS flat rate Priority Mail boxes.
LARGE flat rate Priority Mail boxes.
USPS Flat Rate Envelopes
Priority Mail Boxes

Now,everytime I go to the Post office they don't have anything in boxes,...they say that I have to go online to order them..(FREE)
http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...oryId=11820&parent_category_rn=&top_category=

So I do:.you set up an account........but you have to order them in -Minimum order: 1 pack of 10 or 25 boxes ...It's not too bad as they come in the mail in a box or strapped tight...they come like a week later after ordering..If you are looking for one two boxes this can be a pain....right now I have too many boxes...
I just got the Shoe Box Type Priority Mail Boxes that work out for certain items..
..I have yet to get the Priority Mail Boxes I orderded though.I got everything else....

Listing video games on ebay..Ebay says that in October the max charge for shipping in the category is $4.00
Attention Seller!
Starting in October, the maximum shipping cost in this category will be $4.00. You'll be asked to enter a shipping cost less than or equal to this cost for the first U.S. flat rate shipping service.
Get a head start on these changes by updating your shipping costs for this listing.
{e18497-604583x}

So to use Flate Rate..I can't charge the Flate rate price of $4.80
http://pe.usps.gov/text/qsg300/Q120.htm
The USPS Flat Rate Envelope Option is in the Ebays menu for a shipping option but you won't be able to charge $4.80 when it cost $4.80

looking up info on this
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=520010149&tstart=0&mod=1221014873477
and no,I'm not the topic maker there.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
...................Still haven't got the regular USPS Priority Boxes in my order.

Attention Sellers:

Attention Seller!
Starting in October, the maximum shipping cost in this category will be $6.00. You'll be asked to enter a shipping cost less than or equal to this cost for the first U.S. flat rate shipping service.

Get a head start on these changes by updating your shipping costs for this listing

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So the new shipping price limit is for games only, right? What about systems?

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
I always ship via USPS. I never had a problem with them, so I never felt a need to change.

However, if you choose an alternate carrier, I would recommend Fedex over UPS any day of the week. Why? We get a lot of packages at work from both Fedex and UPS. The Fedex packages always arrive in good condition, but the UPS packages frequently arrive damaged. From what I have personally seen, many UPS employees throw boxes around without considering the fact that they may damage them.

Joe West

NEST Puppet
i use the 10.00 flat rate pri-box, fill the box and it ships for 10.00 bucks

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
So the new shipping price limit is for games only, right? What about systems?

I think it's all crazy with Ebay right now..

I listed 45 Atari Games last night in Video games/Wintage Games and when I put in the proper USPS flat rate Priority Mail box price... Ebay then "Attention"warns me that as of October the charge for this shipping method can only be $6.00

WTF!!...

I tried to list a system and games..in two categories "system and games" on ebay...Merssage came up telling me that.
Attention Seller!
Starting in October, the maximum shipping cost in this category will be $4.00. You'll be asked to enter a shipping cost less than or equal to this cost for the first U.S. flat rate shipping service.
Get a head start on these changes by updating your shipping costs for this listing

How the heck can I ship a system and games for $4.00..
Something is just really screwed up.

I removed the system and games from the video game category and it was ok..no more warning..
Ebay loses and now I only used one category instead of two..

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I always ship via USPS. I never had a problem with them, so I never felt a need to change.

However, if you choose an alternate carrier, I would recommend Fedex over UPS any day of the week. Why? We get a lot of packages at work from both Fedex and UPS. The Fedex packages always arrive in good condition, but the UPS packages frequently arrive damaged. From what I have personally seen, many UPS employees throw boxes around without considering the fact that they may damage them.

here's from my experiences.

FED EX...I never had a damaged item..One of two drivers that comes to my place is a DICK..He will leave a slip on the door"attempted delivery" without even ringing the door bell here..I call him "Hit and Run"as he has the slip already made out before getting to the front of the house..
He's did this numberous times and I'm at home..I've ran out after him to stop him as he tried to take off..One time I see "attempted delivery" via the tracking number and no slip outside.I was out front all day and he never passed by..He came later in the day and delivered the package..
.I've tested his ass out..Knowing I had a package coming.,I waited for him to come..then as he was coming up the stairs I waited by the door as he slapped the slip on the door I opened it and said I'm home!!!!:mad:...I think I shocked him as the next time he rang the bell..

Now I have a new driver that rings my bell and doooesn't run off..

......................................................................................
UPS..
the local driver here..He takes so long to walk from one place to another..Damned if he'd lift up a heavy box..

Light boxes -general size I have no problem with UPS..

Knowing I had a BIG package coming last week from them I waited around the back as he always goes to the compainies down the block first..as he came up the street he saw me outback and said..Big Box right?

I hauled ass to the back of the truck to try and thwart him from dropping the box out of the truck(had this happen before with them)
He opened the back door and the Big 80pd Box/pocket,bike was up on the top shelf in the back of the truck...SHIT!!,someone strong just threw that sucker up there..
He started to slide it off and down to the floor.not really getting a grip on it nor could he see I was reaching to grab it.. and I caught it.stopped it from hitting the ground.....it would of dropped on it's face..I signed and bear hugged the box into my apt.

UPS whacked the side of the box.so hard that they bent this Pocket Socket ... it's made out of thick steel..I could not bend this thing if I ran it over with a car..
They must of hit it with a forkilft
YELLOWGRCGP015.jpg

The box had damage on the side(other side) from being moved to so many different places and hit....The bottom was falling apart.
I do think the seller could of did a better job packing it but it really seemed to be banged around..broken pats of the bike were way on the other side of the box like it had been toppled over and over.

I tracked this box from ..I was Blown away by how many places it went through before it got to me..

It was on time though.

Issue I had with the shipping .the seller used a iShip_Services= carrier shipping label has been generated for the shipment toat UPS CC OKLAHOMA CITY OK awaiting carrier pickup

When I got the email with this info the Zip Code was totally wrong and the weight said 8 pds....I went NUTS trying to get this straightened out..but could not get through UPS customer service.

Contated the seller and he said his invoice had the correct info on it.

YELLOWGRCGP002.jpg

The windshield on the bike was totally shattered,..a crucial faring bolt snapped off,..a foot peg hanger bent in..It would take the bike being dropped on it's side from height to bend that footpeg hanger in like that.
One handlebar was bent..and other misc stuff broken..this is all hardened European parts that are hard to bend in general so they did a number on the bike.(That I've all fixed or replaced already..

BumbleBee001-2.jpg

The company I get Pocketbike parts from now uses DHL and they''ve been very good..they ring the bell,wait...and nothings been messed up..

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think it's all crazy with Ebay right now..

I listed 45 Atari Games last night in Video games/Wintage Games and when I put in the proper USPS flat rate Priority Mail box price... Ebay then "Attention"warns me that as of October the charge for this shipping method can only be $6.00

WTF!!...

I tried to list a system and games..in two categories "system and games" on ebay...Merssage came up telling me that.
Attention Seller!

How the heck can I ship a system and games for $4.00..
Something is just really screwed up.

I removed the system and games from the video game category and it was ok..no more warning..
Ebay loses and now I only used one category instead of two..

I hate to say this, because eBay is still the best place to find old videogame stuff... but I hope they die.