Used arcade shops in Japan

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Hi everyone,

I'm spending a few days on holiday here in Japan and, since I'm going to move quite a bit for tourism, I'd like to know if anyone knows of any used arcade shop, apart from the typical ones in Akihabara (gfront, try, mak...), so I can visit them.

thanks in advance!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
G-front, Mak, and Try are the only ones I know of in the Tokyo area. I think you're gonna' have to be happy with those. Mak isn't as big as G-front, but they have the better prices. Try is kind of pathetic.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Thanks 4 the answer ResOGlass

How about shops outside Tokyo, in other areas of Japan?
I know quite well already the ones in Akiba, so it would be nice to visit some new ones (for me!).

You're right with g-front, prices are really high compared with the others. Too bad old good Setup is gone!

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Assuming that those are all in Akihabara, could anyone scan in a map?

I had a map with Traders, Softmap in Akiba on, but one for these places would be cool too.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
Try is kind of pathetic.

Well I was in Try about three weeks ago, seemed okay. Especially when they built the nice JAMMA harness for me. One thing about them is you need to know where they are, they just have a bunch of slot machines in the window.

G-Front destroys Mak and Try put together, and their prices aren't as bad as everyone is saying. They weren't charging much more for their Progear than Mak was, for instance.

NTSC-J and I spent an entire day searching for Tops in Gotanda, I think they may be web-only (never found 'em).

-Tech

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Try was good for me, got me some stuff from there for $1 & sold it for about $80 on ebay :cool: