Using a Bizon Box (external GPU adapter) on a Macbook Pro

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I have a 2012 Macbook Pro 13" (i5 , 16gb ddr3 , intel hd 4000 , 1tb ssd) and am trying to use a Bizon Box with it. I installed a GTX 970 in the Bizon Box. The Mac has OSX Sierra installed as well as Windows 10(via Bootcamp). I am not able to use the card in either OS.

If I plug it in via OSX, nothing happens(a side from the blue light coming on on the adapter & the sound of the gpu fans spinning). According to the Bizon Box website, there's some software/drivers that need to be installed... but I don't have those. Performing a 'check for updates' finds nothing. I downloaded the nVidia CUDA drivers for OSX but that didn't help either.

Through Windows 10... I tried plugging in the adapter both while Windows is starting up as well as waiting until it's at the desktop to plug it in. Either case, the adapter/card does not show up in Device Manager. When I tried installing the latest GTX 970 drivers from nvidia.com, it errors out stating "no compatible hardware found".

Does anyone here have experience using this thing?

oh and.. when I plug the 970 into my desktop, it works just fine. also.. the Macbook does meet the requirements for this adapter.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
there are two obvious reply's here.

1)Bizon tech support

2)Build a PC

bonus obvious reply
there's some software/drivers that need to be installed... but I don't have those.
go to Bizon first. check for firmware drivers....

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
there are two obvious reply's here.

1)Bizon tech support

2)Build a PC

bonus obvious reply

go to Bizon first. check for firmware drivers....

1. Already contacted them - waiting on a reply(just thought I'd ask here also)

2. Already have several desktops

This "Bizon" thing is more of a side project that I'd just like to see working. Planning on selling this Bizon Box and the Mac.

P.S. to both of you... :buttrock:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
the concept is certainly interesting. These are arriving 10 years late tho.
I looked for something like this long ago so I could more gaming done while travelling. Nowadays, my laptop is powerful enough where i dont need one.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
are sierra/win10 drivers available? if so install them

if not install an OS version thats compatible with available drivers

its not going to work without driver support