Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage

Jedi276

n00b
I am not saying all straight couples are great parents either, but if you are trying to make the argument that gays can be good parents I know of several better examples...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's a safe bet eggbert is voting against gay marriage and maybe contributing money to 'pro-marriage' causes

All out of concern for the children, of course. A gay mom or dad, what could possibly be worse? :tickled:

eggbert is too hyperbolic for me to take seriously. For all we know he could be neobuyer in disguise trying to ruffle feathers in an attempt to get himself off.

Marek

Banned
I am not saying all straight couples are great parents either, but if you are trying to make the argument that gays can be good parents I know of several better examples...

You can't be serious. What about a 'straight couple' where the man is raping the entire family?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You can't be serious. What about a 'straight couple' where the man is raping the entire family?

You're going even further into the realm of fantasy. A better example of one where the child is raised without drugs and hookers.

When someone talks about gays raising kids around weed and hookers, it reinforces the stereotype that gays are not fit for parenting ever.

Marek

Banned
You're going even further into the realm of fantasy. A better example of one where the child is raised without drugs and hookers.

When someone talks about gays raising kids around weed and hookers, it reinforces the stereotype that gays are not fit for parenting ever.

I know of straight couples who raise kids around weed, hookers, and worse. Just like I also know of straight couples who were raping the entire family and all kinds of other pathologically fucked up behavior.

If you think gays are worse parents it speaks to your prejudices. I know gay couples who do a much better job raising kids than so very many straight couples I know. Is it normalized in my mind? No. Is it natural? No. But sensitive people can raise a good kid.

I can't believe people want to keep gays from adopting. Foster care is a personal hell for so many kids...

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You should get off the juice, Pops. I am not saying that I feel that gays will all raise their kids around drugs and hookers, but that it does reinforce negative stereotypes when someone proudly speaks of gays doing stuff like that.

And parents who raise their kids around drugs, or rape, whatever, should be severely punished, Islamic style (beheading, castration, etc), regardless of sexual orientation.

I know of straight couples who raise kids around weed, hookers, and worse. Just like I also know of straight couples who were raping the entire family and all kinds of other pathologically fucked up behavior.

If you think gays are worse parents it speaks to your prejudices. I know gay couples who do a much better job raising kids than so very many straight couples I know. Is it normalized in my mind? No. Is it natural? No. But sensitive people can raise a good kid.

I can't believe people want to keep gays from adopting. Foster care is a personal hell for so many kids...

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,

Despite my cynicism, I actually believe that gays adopting children is a good thing just as long as responsible couples that want to adopt have just as good a chance.

However, it's very simple to point out the foster care system but those kids are like the 6 year old dog in the SPCA. It's a good argument in the Utopian world but every couple wants the "puppy."

Still, I don't believe gays adopt in any higher % from the foster care system than straight couples. People are stereotyping and that's never good on either side.

Marek

Banned
You should get off the juice, Pops. I am not saying that I feel that gays will all raise their kids around drugs and hookers, but that it does reinforce negative stereotypes when someone proudly speaks of gays doing stuff like that.

True.

I forgot the context of the weed and hookers example.

I'm workin on the juice part. I quit drinking energy dranks and coffee because caffeine makes me argumentative and delusional. I stay pretty juiced reguardless but its on a slow deflate. My brain is finally decompressing after a few years of consistent abuse.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I never said that.

I don't believe my quote said that Poppy said so and so. Are you one of those people when you hear the word "You" that you automatically think of yourself even though that person maybe using it as a general pronoun rather than a subjective personal pronoun?

Marek

Banned
I don't believe my quote said that Poppy said so and so. Are you one of those people when you hear the word "You" that you automatically think of yourself even though that person maybe using it as a general pronoun rather than a subjective personal pronoun?

Nobody said that in this thread. So you are talking about a stereotype that nobody made. Get it?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,

Nobody said that in this thread. So you are talking about a stereotype that nobody made. Get it?

It was insinuated plenty of times. I used a broad brush where as you came out and said "I" didn't say that. There's a difference.

Anyway, I have to get back to my Tony Robbins' tapes.

Marek

Banned
It was insinuated plenty of times.

Do you think I can't search through this thread and see that is a lie? Are you really that stupid?

I see you insinuating that gays are going to have a high divorce rate, but nowhere that gays adopt at a high percentage than straight people. Nobody said it fool.

Last edited:

Jedi276

n00b

Am I serious? Are YOU serious?? Did you even read my reply that started with "not all straight couples are great parents"? I fully acknowledge that straight people do a lot of terrible things, all my post said was that if you are arguing that gays can make good parents, an example involving drugs and prostitution probably isn't the best, I know of a couple of gay couples that do a better job than that.

Jedi276

n00b
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6561/rofla.png

Just pointing our that he's a bigot AND a liar.
Gotta love judging people without facts(not exactly a first in this thread, I started off as a 16 year old who doesn't have a job / pay taxes). I am in fact living in Northern VA (Chantilly to be exact), I work in D.C. at the Navy Yard and am in the Navy (I am pretty sure that is even in my profile...). I also have a TX license, TX registration for my vehicles, and am legally a resident of guess what? TX! And in case you arn't aware (which you most likely arn't), it is 100% legal! Say what you will about me, but a liar I am not.

Marek

Banned
Say what you will about me

Douchebag.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It should be pointed out that the Liberals on this site took a winning cause and turned it into a losing campaign the moment they began smearing the opposition. The cycle of life continues.