Very 1st Arcade Game you ever played?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Skating rink was the first place I played Choplifter, in that massive crazy cab with the bubble magnifying glass. Made the game look huge!

The sentiment I shared w/ RepX, is extended to you buddy.

True story: I walked into a Roller Rink today. It was packed w/ people.

Not a single arcade game.😭Sad as that is, there was an extra twinge when I focused on the floor...it was that old school neon arcade carpeting. You *know* that had games in there @ one time.

Weird rink, too. 1/2 the floor space had the track...other 1/2 was an inflatable/bounce zone type of attraction.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
A lot of people said roller rink - I did a lot of early gaming there too, and there was a shortlived arcade in my town as well. Being from NJ, there was also the shore points with the boardwalk arcades, before they changed to all redemption games. Funny now everything is all about a couple of light gun and sit down driving games, as if that's the gimmick everyone wants and nothing else.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
A lot of people said roller rink - I did a lot of early gaming there too, and there was a shortlived arcade in my town as well. Being from NJ, there was also the shore points with the boardwalk arcades, before they changed to all redemption games. Funny now everything is all about a couple of light gun and sit down driving games, as if that's the gimmick everyone wants and nothing else.

Sadly, its what makes money now and why they target younger kids. I know many OPs that would love for it to be the other way around, but it will just get them bankrupt unless they have the right community.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Tron was the first game that i played at the arcade. But the first games that stole all my money wgen i was young was Street fighter 1 and Shinobi. Shinobi was also the first game that i completed at the arcade.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
First memorable one was Final Fight, the cab was at Walmart.

I'm sure that there was one or two before that.

mrjiggs

Kabuki Klasher
Sadly, the roller rink here in AZ is the same way. :( The big mall in Phoenix used to have the entire bottom floor as an arcade, was badass, now its a movie theater and a bunch of garbage.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
1942 on a cocktail cab in a sub shop.
they also had an Arkanoid cocktail cab with a spinner.

i remember getting pissed as a kid when my parents would take me there and people were eating on them instead of playing them :shame:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I think it was 1942 at a Pizza Hut. It made quite an impact :multi_co:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It was either Tarzan or Pengo in a Chuck-E-Cheese restaurant. Memory is a bit fuzzy.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Memory fuzzy on that either it was space invaders or pac-man i'm not sure.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Earliest I can remember was take your child to work day like 90 or 91 or something. My mom worked at a dairy that supplied Giant Foods with their milk and other stuff. They're break room had a Pac-Man and I remember having to grab a chair to get up there. I played while my mom was making popcorn, ah good times.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Moon Cresta at a local snackbar, my second game was moon patrol.

DEL 707

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hmm can't quite remember, but the 1st one that sticks out in my mind is Wonderboy
On holiday in Cornwall, playing it in the Caravan parks arcade. Memorable because my right arm was in a sling so I had to play 1 handed.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Phoenix and Tron at the local Rec Center 1985

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I think it was an Outrun cab, but not the upright one but where you can sit in.
The cab itself would also move a little bit and vibrate when you drift.

I also spend allot of coins on Time Crisis 2.
Just a few days ago i went looking for a cab like this because the carnival was back in town.
I found Time Crisis 3 but i like TC 2 more.
Still play it on PS2 over here with a Bang & Olufsen MX 7000 so it's actually better.

Last edited:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
I know it was black and white and at the CN Tower's arcade.... I think maybe GunFight, not positive though.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Earliest I can remember is TMNT the arcade game. That was just stunning. I wanted one so bad that I asked Santa for one for Christmas. My parents were probably shocked that I would ask for such an expensive/massive toy. I was so spoiled.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Had to be TMNT and I must have been about 3! We were on our way to the airport and it was in the lobby of the hotel we were staying in, so my parents stopped long enough to let me play once. My dad picked me up off the ground so I could reach the buttons.

I also wanted to chime in that growing up mostly in the 90s we still had pretty sweet arcades at the skating rink, that's where I played most of my Metal Slug.

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
1942 on a cocktail cab in a sub shop.
they also had an Arkanoid cocktail cab with a spinner.

i remember getting pissed as a kid when my parents would take me there and people were eating on them instead of playing them :shame:

YUP.

We had a local pizza place up the street that exclusively had cocktails as tables. It used to drive me nuts when some of them were occupied with people getting their greasy pizza all over 'em, because I was there to play the damn things. :)

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
The Oldest I remember is Bosconian, I loved that game. CONDITION RED!!!
after that I played a lot of, Kung fu Master, Green Beret and City Connection.
1014_1.pngbosconian3.pngCityConn_Arcade.pngKung_fu_master_mame.png