Vote for the Neo Geo games from 1990 that you can still enjoy!

Which Neo Geo games from 1990 can you still enjoy?

• Total voters

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
Choose as many as you like and answer honestly. We all know a few of these games were more of less DOA. The top 3 is probably about as set in concrete as it gets, but I'm still curious to see where the other games will rank.

If you can still ENJOY it then vote for it, don't be shy. ;)

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
lol TonK, it was only two days ago on aim you said you couldn't stand to play NAM anymore and that even when you cheated through it, it was boring.
:spock:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I haven't voted for any.
Games that you don't like? No way!

Really though, who would play Baseball Stars Pro or Top Player's Golf when BBS2 and NTM exist?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

Really though, who would play Baseball Stars Pro or Top Player's Golf when BBS2 and NTM exist?

None of those are in my ... 'collection' :blow_top:

And none I'd want to own or play anymore either. I've owned a few of them , but I'd rather just play something else nowadays.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire

Yeah Baseball Stars 2 is infinitely better but I think Baseball Stars Pro still has some qualities to it. Top Players Golf never fancied me in the least though, I was never much a fan of the "NES style" golf games.

Also, I accidentally voted for Ninja Combat. OOPS!!

madman

Nam is still fun IMO, but sports games lose something when better versions are available. BBS2 and NTM are 2 of the best games on the Neo as far as I'm concerned. They will still be fun another 10 years from now.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Voted for most of the ones I've played, other than Top Players Golf and Super Spy. I just don't like Super Spy type of games, though they look cool for the time.

Magician Lord is still a pretty biff game, and Puzzled is kinda hard to go horribly wrong with. Nam also aged very well.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Choose as many as you like and answer honestly. We all know a few of these games were more of less DOA. The top 3 is probably about as set in concrete as it gets, but I'm still curious to see where the other games will rank.

If you can still ENJOY it then vote for it, don't be shy. ;)

What're the top 3 that's set in concrete in your mind?

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised. I used to LOVE BSPro, but 2020 and BS2 ruined it for me, I think.

If I had to choose 3, I'd probably go Nam, Magician Lord, and Puzzled... just because puzzle games age well. I haven't played much Cyber-Lip, though

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised. I used to LOVE BSPro, but 2020 and BS2 ruined it for me, I think.

If I had to choose 3, I'd probably go Nam, Magician Lord, and Puzzled... just because puzzle games age well. I haven't played much Cyber-Lip, though

I agree that puzzle games do age very well. However, for me, Puzzled has a big flaw.. Just a glance at the game reminds me that I'd rather be playing Tetris. Maybe I should sit down and really get into the game one of these days, I honestly have never given it much of a chance.

You should definitely dig deeper into Cyber Lip. The ending is pure class!

madman

Puzzled is a POS in my opinion. I love puzzle games, but I could never get into it. Been trying to sell my cart for awhile now.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
I agree that puzzle games do age very well. However, for me, Puzzled has a big flaw.. Just a glance at the game reminds me that I'd rather be playing Tetris. Maybe I should sit down and really get into the game one of these days, I honestly have never given it much of a chance.

You should definitely dig deeper into Cyber Lip. The ending is pure class!
Honestly, it probably is a lesser version of Tetris; I haven't played it at great length, so I don't know if there's anything terribly special there. If you like Tetris, though, that's probably about your only option for that on the MVS.

I'd like to get my hands on a Cyber-Lip someday, but haven't seen to many sold recently. Solid game from the few minutes I spent with it on an emulator, but not fantastic enough to froth at the mouth over, and hunt down like a wild animal.

BTW, is it possible you ommitted League Bowling from your list?

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
Honestly, it probably is a lesser version of Tetris; I haven't played it at great length, so I don't know if there's anything terribly special there. If you like Tetris, though, that's probably about your only option for that on the MVS.

I'd like to get my hands on a Cyber-Lip someday, but haven't seen to many sold recently. Solid game from the few minutes I spent with it on an emulator, but not fantastic enough to froth at the mouth over, and hunt down like a wild animal.

BTW, is it possible you ommitted League Bowling from your list?

I'll definitely sit down with Puzzled some time soon. I'm doubtful it will really change my assessment on the game though.

Cyber Lip is really common the AES. ;) Ya know.. That other Neo Geo..

As for League Bowling the master list, which I'm fairly sure is accurate, puts it at 1991 so I don't think so.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
I'll definitely sit down with Puzzled some time soon. I'm doubtful it will really change my assessment on the game though.

Cyber Lip is really common the AES. ;) Ya know.. That other Neo Geo..

As for League Bowling the master list, which I'm fairly sure is accurate, puts it at 1991 so I don't think so.

Gotcha. I was going based on Billy Pitt's list.

Wait, I almost let that slide by.... what's an AES?

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
what's an AES?

OCCCH AAAGGGHH

arnold-total-recall.jpg