Wanted: gamer-condition MVS

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi Everyone,

So a few weeks ago I got my hands on a 2-slot gold cab at an arcade auction...I have a few other cabs but this thing has really gotten into my blood! So much so that I am looking to expand past the Puzzle Bobble/Top Player's golf that came with the cab. The problem is that I spent most of my budget on the cab itself! So, I'm looking for ugly (but working) games. Missing labels/scuffed cases doesn't bother me one bit. I'm a huge fan of 1942/43 type games, so Aero Fighters or Ghost Pilots would be great. I'm also looking for some type of fighter. At this point I'm open to anything in order to explore more what the Neo Geo has to offer. Feel free to reply in the post or via pm. Thanks! :multi_co:

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Damn sharp Goldie

LOL, Hey there I was the guy who was bidding with you for the goldie. Small world man. She was in pretty decent shape for what it went for. Glad it went to someone who is enjoying it. I was curious if it went to a forum member or not. Was that puzzle bobble cart legit that came with it? The screen looked pretty sharp from what I remembered. I was shocked at how so many of those games (even the sit down racing games) were going for so cheap. It would be a pain in the ass to transport them, but some good deals were had that day. Throw some pics up when you get a chance, as I have to as well, procrastination on my part. I picked up the one 4-slot they had, it needed some tlc but she is looking great now. Can't wait for the next auction, supposedly in December or January at State Fair Park.

-Dan

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Funny story about that auction. I live really close to State fair, and have avoided those auctions for fear that I would buy something stupid. So that morning I get a call from a friend that's there saying everything is on and I should walk over and play for awhile. While I'm there my friend mentions she has a trailer there and will deliver anything I want. So, I bought the Neo and a Robocop cabaret. The Neo was too big to go down the stairs so it's now living room furniture...LOL. It really was in great shape, save for the power supply was hacked to shreds. A lot of cleaning, some new buttons (the old ones looked like they had been soaked in pepsi for years) and she looks great. I'm most surprised that there is no burn in the monitor (the counter reads over 100,000 plays!). The bummer came when about two weeks after I had it the monitor suffered a vertical collapse and I had to rebuild the board (ouch) but now I'm hoping to get many more years out of it. I'm up to 4 cabs now and about 25+ counsole systems...I better stay away from that next auction; I'm out of room :)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for all the replys so far guys! I still have a few PMs to get to; its nice to see a board of people who aren't afraid to reply to a newbie :)

As a Thanksgiving gift, my place of employment decided to tell me that our office is closing due to the fantastic economic conditions lately. So it looks like I will have to put a hold on expanding the collection until I find something new.

To add insult to injury, my gold cab power supply bit the dust (smoke and all!) and I don't have the funds to buy a new one...so if anyone has a used power supply they can let go for a good price...let me know.