Wanted: Naomi Sun PSU power extension cables

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I'm looking to properly hook up my Sun PSU inside of my Blast city and I've gotten it nice and ready but my cabinet's I/O panel is a good distance away from my Naomi system. Does anyone know a good source for power supply extension cables? I know Franco B makes some but is from over the pond. Was wondering if anyone had them domestic. If not I can get in contact with him.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Lemony Vengeance made one of these for me, it even has the LED voltmeter display on it. It gave me some room to stretch since I was able to put the Sun psu on top of the blast psu, and keep the naomi mobo about where a normal pcb would be. I'm not sure how busy he is atm, but he can definitely make this.

here's a video I made to show it in my cab:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
vid is private man.. ;)

Lemme know if you need some made. I have one set with voltmeters ready to go, I believe.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Lemony Vengeance made one of these for me, it even has the LED voltmeter display on it. It gave me some room to stretch since I was able to put the Sun psu on top of the blast psu, and keep the naomi mobo about where a normal pcb would be. I'm not sure how busy he is atm, but he can definitely make this.

Cool, thanks for the vid! I figured that was about the safest place to put it as well. Where did you connect the grounding cable to from there?

I will send you a PM Lemony

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Cool, thanks for the vid! I figured that was about the safest place to put it as well. Where did you connect the grounding cable to from there?

hmm, I'm not totally sure what ya mean (eternal noob here) but I only used the bigger connector from the Sun PSU with lem's extension cable to connect to the mobo

tOBZVvp.jpg

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
There's a grounding screw in this picture that I had a cable wired up for to wall plug ground, wasn't sure where to ground it once I got it in on top of the PSU. I think I might be able to daisy chain it to the CP grounding cable, but I haven't sized it out yet. Of course I would also imagine the cab PSU casing is probably also grounded.

DSC01754-1.jpg

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
ahh sorry for misunderstanding, I actually don't have any ground wire connecting to that screw. I wasn't even aware if it before. anyway, I hope lem can get you sorted out with what you are looking for, I've been meaning to get the whole naomi setup mounted to a board for a while and just never got around to it, but the extension that lem made for me has helped out alot with spacing and being able to move things around in there.