WARNING - another "John Thacker" buying Neo stuff

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Guys,

This is a really bizarre post to make, but it has been brought to my attention that there is another guy named "John Thacker" who has recently been purchasing Neo Geo goods from some prominent members. This guy allegedly lives in Louisiana.

For those of you who don't know, my name is "John Thacker," however I live in FLORIDA. I don't know if this guy is playing games or what (no pun intended), and I am not at a point to start making accusations, but until I find out more, please be on the lookout and be VERY careful. I haven't been buying or selling much lately so if you have been dealing with a "John Thacker" it probably is NOT me.

Any further info any of you might have on this guy would be appreciated... I will post more info as I get it.

Regards,
John

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
So he has the same name as you but lives in another state...what are you freaking out for exactly? How many John Thackers are there in the US?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I´d still bet it´s just a coincidence, unless the guy is claiming to have your feedback or something like that.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Well, honestly I´d be much more worried if he was selling stuff. Much less ways to scam people by buying stuff from them I would think.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Are you sure the Louisiana guy doesn't spell his name John Thaacker? There could be a simple explanation for this. ;)

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
The guy got back to me and seems forthcoming. I think this is likely just a very strange coincidence. He says he has lived in Louisiana and Colorado and is just getting into buying some MVS stuff. Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum initially, if anyone has any questions about which John they are dealing with please PM me. Thanks everyone.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is interesting. The potential for confusion over buying something with the assurance that it was part of John Thacker's collection is kind of compromised now that there is a replicant in the fold.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
The guy got back to me and seems forthcoming. I think this is likely just a very strange coincidence. He says he has lived in Louisiana and Colorado and is just getting into buying some MVS stuff. Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum initially, if anyone has any questions about which John they are dealing with please PM me. Thanks everyone.

Det-John-Thacker200.jpg

You wouldn't happen to be Detective John Thacker would you? If so, nice stache.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
This is interesting. The potential for confusion over buying something with the assurance that it was part of John Thacker's collection is kind of compromised now that there is a replicant in the fold.

Instead of captcha, I'm going to implement a Voigt-Kampff machine for new user signups.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Thanks buddy. Yeah, thats some NOS Garou carts behind me in the pic.

A tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun beating its legs trying to turn itself over but it can't, not without your help, but you're not helping. Why is that?

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member

fringe_af3.jpg

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Google search result for "John Thacker"
"About 61,500 results"

Just sayin'...