Weekly gaming Roundup - 09/07/14

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I wanted to like it so bad but I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

How do you feel about it?

Not really sure yet. I'm still in the early stages of figuring things out. The expandable combo system seems like it has a lot of promise, and the overheat system adds an interesting level of tension-y risk v. reward to the combat. It's not terrible, but still too early to say if I think it's 'good', yet.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Not really sure yet. I'm still in the early stages of figuring things out. The expandable combo system seems like it has a lot of promise, and the overheat system adds an interesting level of tension-y risk v. reward to the combat. It's not terrible, but still too early to say if I think it's 'good', yet.

The combat system is really cool and I like the art design a lot.

The problem I had was although the overheat system is interesting and does add to the tension, at the same time its just one more thing to worry about. I feel like there is enough inherent tension in floor based dungeon crawlers (is this what is considered a Roguelike game?). The long arduous journey through a stage you are unfamiliar with to get to the top floor to fight a boss that you don't know how to beat yet. You more often then not are going to lose at least the first bout with the boss (if you make it that far) so usually you are a going to have to enter the same dungeon a minimum of 3 times (if your lucky). One time to get to the boss, another to retrieve your dead character after it beats you and at least once more to try to beat the boss again.

Early on that's not a big issue because the stages aren't that long but towards the end of the game, man the dungeons can be unforgiving.

I honestly just don't think i'm a fan of this type of genre and more or less wanted this game to be a traditional brawler/action game. It is not.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Yeah it's around the corner i'll be playing even more cv games by then.

That video really made me want to play Super Castlevania IV. I've only played half of it and never made it to the end. The only Castlevania games I've truly beaten are Rondo, SotN and the second GBA one.

Do you think Super Castlevania IV is easier than Rondo? If so, I'll probably have to dig into it.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
That video really made me want to play Super Castlevania IV. I've only played half of it and never made it to the end. The only Castlevania games I've truly beaten are Rondo, SotN and the second GBA one.

Do you think Super Castlevania IV is easier than Rondo? If so, I'll probably have to dig into it.
Ive completed the trilogy CV on famicom.The other being bloodlines,rondo and SCIV plus the gba ones.I think Super Castlevania IV is very easy,while it's great how simon controls it's bosses are rather weak.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Awesome. Thank you for the information! I have a long plane ride coming up. I always play SotN on my PSVita.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Xbox One:

Super Time Force
Ryse
Max The Curse of Brotherhood
Forza 5
Crimson Dragon

Vita:

Muramasa Rebirth

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I'm back on a Kart racing kick.

3DS:
Mario Kart 7

I'm starting to feel like I don't really like Mario Kart anymore. The power up system is just getting too annoying always interrupting the flow of gameplay. Like somebody keeps smacking the controller out of my hands. Makes me wonder if its always been this way or has it just gotten worse.

I've played every MK game except the Wii and Wii U ones and the DS one but I don't remember it ever being this annoying.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Play the Wii one and you will appreciate the weapon set for the WiiU version greatly.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
3DS
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Mighty Gunvolt
Dr. Mario Express

PC
Mighty No.9 beta

PS3
RE6 (just getting through Ada's campaign finally)