Weird shipping route for package from DE to Denmark

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Slerch666, whom some of you might remember, lives in DE and sent me a trackable package last Monday.

Nothing happened on the tracking page until early this morning. Until then it just said "shipping info received" or whatever, from paying for shipping online, even though Slerch dropped it off at the PO and watched them scan it.

Now, here comes the strange part, is that it seems to have left the country from Chicago. It took almost seven full days for the package to get to Chicago, which is in the opposite direction of Denmark. Are there really no international shipping routes on the east coast?

Does anyone have an idea what's up with this? :p

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
DE = Delaware?

mail often gets shipped to destination countries by commercial airlines, and it would not surprise me if there was a passenger flight from Chicago to Denmark that was more convenient for the carrier to purchase space on, than a flight from Newark, NJ, or Dulles, Virginia.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Well, DE is the official abbreviation, so yes ;)

It's just still weird to me that it had to take almost seven full days before they got it to Chicago and anything showed up on tracking.

We're talking $600 of anime shit here. About a third of the contents were stolen, in a previous shipment, from a post office depot near my parents where it was waiting over the weekend. Attempted delivery Saturday; stolen by Monday.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
there are also mixups sometimes. I had a Flashmasta shipped from Flavor that went from the US to Austrailia, back to the US and then to Germany... just wait it out, good thing you got tracking.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
With all this new shit I axed him go get me and how it went previously, I had to get tracking on this one. How much is actually insured I have no idea though.