well I bought another neo geo.

jeff10

Kula's Candy
I found another Neo, picked it up couple days ago the owner said it didnt work. Brought it home plugged it in went straight to test mode. wiggled the carts they are touchy but it works. here are some pics. The sides are perfect no scratches.

jon713

Camel Slug
Wow, looks clean!

Looks like a steal, how much he let it go for thinking it was broken?

No room in my house for another neo :crying:

jeff10

Kula's Candy
i payed 125.00 for the neo and 100.00 for the red tent

hope i can figure out how to fix monitors, for red tent,.. just want to clean up and brighten the mario side. but the goonies side looks messed up...See the line

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Wow, $125 for a working 4 slot? I hate you, I'm sad now.

jeff10

Kula's Candy
i just hope once i clean the carts and the board where the games plug in that it does better. The games dont work but one at a time, if i wiggle them just right i can get two working together,

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
whoa man, that nintendo rig is freaking sick. You gotta get vids of that up and running. You screen it?

jon713

Camel Slug
Great Haul man!

Was this a craigslist find?

Yea videos for sure on that Nintendo setup.

lucky u:D

jeff10

Kula's Candy
Waiting on a key to get into the top, if anyone out there has a Takigen k6510 key I'll give ya good money for it. I don't wanna drill them. I want to keep the locks intact. So when I get it open I'm gonna work on it big time it's getting a 100 percent refurb

jeff10

Kula's Candy
Neo-Got the board, monitor and insides cleaned. Looks pretty in there, monitor is perfect games are still fidgety about where they wanna be stuck to work better. Just need to clean outside. Sand and paint the black on control panel, take buttons and controllers off clean them and it will be done. if there is anyone out there with maybe a playchoice 10 I want one of them also....

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Man it really sucks every time I see a cab on craigslist in my area they are always way overpriced. Great find.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Dont run that monitor with the bright line like that for too long, that is horizontal deflection failure, and itll cook a line down the guts of that tube.

Check the connections for the deflector yoke to the monitor board, if you dont find an issue there, maybe try swapping the board ( if that is a double screen machine ) and if the issue remains, there is a problem with the deflector yoke. If the problem is gone with the other board, it will be the board. It may be some dry solder joints, or it may need an overhaul.

jeff10

Kula's Candy
Thanks, I'll google up on how to and what that consist of replacing etc

jeff10

Kula's Candy
Had I guy at a vending service send me a free key fir the red tent, goto post office today the envelope he sent was in another envolope with a stamp saying damaged due to contents. My envolope was empty WTF, post office saud huh, it shouldn't have been ran through the sorta fir envelopes because it was stamped not to be. That's some shit these keys are gonna be over 30.0 to replace now ... And I don't want to drill the top locks on the red tent. Damn postal service.

jeff10

Kula's Candy
Typing on my iPhone please don't pay attention to the screwed up spelling this damn phone isn't the greatest to post on forums

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Just drill the bloody things and replace them, I don't see the problem. It's not like it's a Nintendo brand lock.

NEO-GEO man

Thanks, I'll google up on how to and what that consist of replacing etc

Im not sure what will be on there, probably be reasonably basic, but id probably start with replacing all the electrolytic capacitors, and look at replacing the transistors, test the trimpots and contemplate replacing them too if they are abit iffy...

Look around all the capacitors for signs of leakage and / or board corrosion too, this can occur and eat through the tracks. ( pretty common for a while on NEC CRT data projectors made in the mid 90s, i think their TVs had a simular issue with a few caps causing a vertical fold over at the bottom of the picture, eventually resulting in vertical deflection failure, somewhat simular to what you see there on your monitor... )

Last edited:

jeff10

Kula's Candy
Well I looked at lots of things about capacitors etc. I dint think I have what it takes to attempt to fix or replace these or even find them to buy. I guess u will be looking fit domeone to fix these for me and pay them.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Nice one, I wouldnt mind playing on an arcade set up again.

NEO-GEO man

Well I looked at lots of things about capacitors etc. I dint think I have what it takes to attempt to fix or replace these or even find them to buy. I guess u will be looking fit domeone to fix these for me and pay them.

No worries, capacitors are very cheap to buy, so it wont cost you much, depends on what the person you choose to do the repair wants to charge for labour.

MattMan

Galford's Armourer
Its good to see another cab find a good home, great find and the price is amazing. Color me jealous.