Well....The Addiction has begun

acampero

Quiz Detective
LONG time gamer.

Grew up with PONG, then Atari, Intelivsion, Colecovision etc... Then became a Dreamcast ADDICT collected everything and loved the console.

Never had the means to own a Neo Geo.

Then.... Bought a candy cabinet and a CPS2 and CPS3. LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Then.... had the cash and bought a Neo Geo AES and a couple of games. Sam Sho 2, KOF 96, AOF2 and FF3 Special.

Well... NOW I think I know what the difference is between playing a "port" and the real thing. I downloaded FF3 special on Live, and granted the controller is terrible, but call me crazy, I noticed a difference in the actual feel of the game. The input was much better on the AES version.

Psychological? Perhaps. But now I think I am addicted to the Neo Geo.

I have an MVS 1 slot, but have not hooked it up to my cabinets as my cabinets are both wired for 6 button. Kinda scared I guess.

Anyhows... Im hooked on the Neo and now Im looking for even more goodness.

Im thinking of getting the MVS converter for my AES.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Arn

Kristoff

Another Striker
Welcome! :buttrock:

The Neo is still by far the most just sheerly charismatic system for me. Nothing will ever beat the feel of playing a proper MVS game on a cab to me.

I've been playing a bit of Fatal Fury Special on XB Live, and it is great... but then I sat down with a friend and played a few rounds on the MVS.

No contest :D

acampero

Quiz Detective
I've always been a 2D fan.

I bought my SNES with Street Fighter 2 and remember paying $75 just for the cart.

I have been a Capcom whore for a while now. Hence my buying the SF3 candy cabinet.

But now I am beginning to really admire the work that went into the Neo games. I had Metal Slug for the Saturn, Xbox, PS2, Wii and have always admired the gameplay and art style. Thinking now I need an MVS version

Thats the main appeal to me. The art style. So much is done with so little, it truly is an art form. It takes a truly incredible 3D game to wow me.

My fav games of the past few years have been God Of War and Resident Evil 4. Aside from some awesome gems like Odin Sphere. I have a 360 and a Wii and find myself playing arcade and virtual console games more...