WGolly - Scammer

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I bought a game from of him on the 3rd of the month. I've since sent him several messages and an email with no responses. He's not logged in a while but he's been on since I asked him when he would ship it, he ignored that. I've dealt with him before and he's a long time member so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. His communication has been awful.

I've opened a paypal query to cover my ass and will be raising it to a claim if I don't hear from him soon.

Last edited:

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Still no reply from WGolly, email or private messages. I've had to file a paypal claim, no reply to that either. This really isn't looking good. Does anyone here know him?

:oh_no:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Always hate to see this, but especially from established traders.

We even have an active moderator here that (at last check) still owes people money and products from over a year ago.

I've seen a reduction in people paying me via paypal gift. I can't blame them. You can't be too cautious it seems.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Can we get a mod to do an IP check against other accounts...seems like a lot of folks have a backup account here.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Can we get a mod to do an IP check against other accounts...seems like a lot of folks have a backup account here.

IP from THIS post: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-stars-2-AES&p=3471922&viewfull=1#post3471922

Same as: arojas4570, BlackReppuKen, Narkoleptx, nfmsuprar1, SNKorSWM, WGolly.

IP from THIS Post: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-stars-2-AES&p=3460114&viewfull=1#post3460114

Same as: MadTitan, Retrogamer, WGolly.

Unsure what it all means... I'll ask VT to look into it for you if he's not too busy...

Sorry about the money moonwhistle... i'm still hoping it gets resolved...

xROTx

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I've seen a reduction in people paying me via paypal gift. I can't blame them. You can't be too cautious it seems.

I never pay as a gift. This has nothing to do with protection in case of a dispute, it's because I don't want my account or the person I'm paying to get flagged for anything by paypal. The last thing you want is their customer service dicking around with or locking your account.

Moonwhistle, if he doesn't provide a tracking number to paypal to prove delivery you should win the dispute, however, if you didn't use a credit card as the funding source you might still be screwed. Hope it works out for you.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
My thanks to Rot and everyone else who posted, I appreciate the support.

I didn't pay by gift, I used a normal credit card funded paypal payment. I filed a claim a while back and it's due to be investigated tomorrow. He never replied so it will be found in my favour but he'll have definitely emptied his account in preparation. It's not the end of the world if I don't get the money back but it's rather sad that such established members behave this way. I certainly didn't see this one coming.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
If you used a credit card they'll refund you unless they recently changed policies. You're typically only screwed when the other persons account is empty AND you used a bank transfer or paypal balance. They refund CC payments even when the other persons acct is empty to avoid chargeback fees.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler

68k is right. what is usually for the most part a way to pay someone without them having to pay fees has turned into a way for a select few to make off with cash.

Personally, there are very, very few people I feel comfortable sending a gift payment to, but there are some (68k, Xian Xi, others) that I wouldn't think twice about it.

Good call that you didn't send it gift OP.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'll do some investigating tonight. A few other irons in the fire ATM, but I've seen this and I'll be in touch.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
I know how you feel man i have also been ripped off on this forum. Problem with mine was that it was a trade and i sent out my item and he never shipped his and he hasnt been on the forum since.

Tacitus

Staff member
I know how you feel man i have also been ripped off on this forum. Problem with mine was that it was a trade and i sent out my item and he never shipped his and he hasnt been on the forum since.

Who was it?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
IP from THIS post: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-stars-2-AES&p=3471922&viewfull=1#post3471922

Same as: arojas4570, BlackReppuKen, Narkoleptx, nfmsuprar1, SNKorSWM, WGolly.

IP from THIS Post: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-stars-2-AES&p=3460114&viewfull=1#post3460114

Same as: MadTitan, Retrogamer, WGolly.

Unsure what it all means... I'll ask VT to look into it for you if he's not too busy...

Sorry about the money moonwhistle... i'm still hoping it gets resolved...

xROTx

Are you kidding me?

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Thanks for posting this as I was in talks with WGolly as well. I hope your issue is resolved moonwhistle.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Sorry to hear that moonwhistle, I am new on here but have bought quite a lot off members on here and have only had good things to say everyone has been a pleasure to deal with.
Reading this though makes you feel very apprehensive. I really dont see how people can live with themselves when they have taken peoples money in good faith and dont deliver. Its an appauling dispicable act! :(

What suprises me the most if his feedback with 44 positive, you would not even think anyone who has built up that reputation would let it slide like that????

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
He's active on a few other forums.

The IP info on him is useless.

He's in Jersey.

Give me some more time to follow up on a few things.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I like how six different accounts are using the same IP as I am.

SHIP HIS ITEM SCAMMER!

Can I have his 10 year badge and join date as well? XD

Last edited:

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Much to my surprise paypal have reversed payment and I got it all back. This was the result of paypal's descision on the claim not a refund from WGolly.

Thanks Rot, Vanilla and everyone else who posted.

WGolly / Mathew Norton is still a thief as far as I'm concerned and I think he should be banned if he's not currently involved in any transactions here.

Last edited: