What are you listening to at the moment?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Oh yeah
Can't beat a bit of techno viking, vid goes great with this classic prodigy song as well.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I've had very mixed feeling about the new 'Heritage-era' Opeth but I dig this new one. I can pop on Blackwater park or a Bloodbath record anytime

Nuclear Blast just started taking pre-orders for this. I ordered the box set with the red vinyl. :)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Skinny Puppy - Mythmaker, The Greater Wrong of the Right
KMFDM - Split, Boots
Ministry - Psalm 69
Butthole Surfers - Weird Revolution
Keane - Under the Iron Sea
Doors - Greatest Hits
Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People
Shiny Toy Guns - Season of Poison
Keane - Hopes and Fears
Prodigy- One Man Army
KMFDM -Professional Killer

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i always found video game music to translate very well with actual bands. especially with the genesis/megadrive games. i remember there being a revenge of shinobi cover very similar to this streets of rage one, which was also kick ass.

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
i always found video game music to translate very well with actual bands. especially with the genesis/megadrive games. i remember there being a revenge of shinobi cover very similar to this streets of rage one, which was also kick ass.
Check out the S.S.T band (sega sound team) from the late 80's early 90's.

Last edited:

Naika

Street Hoop Star

I'm a big jazz fusion guy and since a LOT of Japanese game music more or less subscribes to that style of music, I always felt seeing that stuff live (plus improvisation and all) would work. Do you have a link to the Shinobi cover? This is a great find man! Thanks!

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,

So nice song :3
Finally able to see them again in October, they are coming to Barcelona yay ^^

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
my mate and I have a radio show thingy on a local online radio, goes out monday nights.
it's basically made up of the stuff we're listening to but within a nocturnal context, as in, putting a soundtrack of sorts to the dark.
here's a few we've done so far.
(I discovered this rap duo, the Underachievers of late - very good shit. also Chelsea Wolfe)
https://www.mixcloud.com/radiooreja/playlists/pasaje-nocturnis/

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member

Nice. Saw them live @ Magfest a few years ago and definitely one of the best live video game bands I've ever seen play. Wish they'd do more recordings though.

Coincidentally I've also been rocking out to V-Jams a lot this week, who also has performed @ Magfest (with a shit load of special guests):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSsT5uFKuMk

(If you watch any, skip the talking bits between songs. They're not interesting and really just a cover for changing band members and instruments in & out.)

Great album too (and appropriately contains a Metal Slug 2 track):

https://v-jams.bandcamp.com/album/v-jams

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
KMFDM
Front 242
The God Module
Rammstein
Chemlab
Skinny Puppy